Odin

Trade Thread

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Let’s not compare the actual impact on the court of Porz vs Vuch. 

I wasn't. I'm just saying you finally get a player who is worth something and then they traded him. 

While I agree, Vuc is slow, bad in the PNR, and an overall liability on defense...I think he's done well under Clifford (which I am sure being a contract year has its own motivation too) and at least worthy of a fresh look. 

Would the Magic really be THAT bad if they resigned him on a 3+1 contract and as soon as Bamba overtakes him for the 5 spot, Vuc becomes the backup and if he complains, we trade him then. I think you can have a 1-2 punch with Bamba and Vuc...each one can help the other in their areas of weakness -- offense for Bamba and defense for Vuc. 

I don't know if he'd be willing to come off the bench at some point though, would that change people's mind about him if he was willing to take a lesser role and help out our bench play?

23 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

DSJ better suits our needs. 

How? The only way you believe this is if you believe Vuch is the present and future at the position. So I will wholeheartedly disagree. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

How? The only way you believe this is if you believe Vuch is the present and future at the position. So I will wholeheartedly disagree. 

Or I just don’t think Center is that hard to fill... 

1 minute ago, DocHoliday said:

Or I just don’t think Center is that hard to fill... 

If it’s not hard to fill why do premier big men always get drafted a head of premier guards? 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

If it’s not hard to fill why do premier big men always get drafted a head of premier guards? 

They typically don't anymore

Also I'll through this out there...

If we trade Vucevic...who wants him? The Clippers? Celtics? Lakers? Spurs? Kings? Those are all teams I've seem rumors about, however unlikely those rumors are. 

I just don't know what type of value we'd get back for him. I'd love to see Tobias Harris back in a Magic Uni but I don't think they'd want to part with him or SGA. The Lakers are going to be all in for Davis, unless we can hop in and trade Fournier for Ball and other pieces to help the Lakers get AD. Spurs would probably dump Pau on us nothing else really excites me on their team outside of their big names. Kings? I wouldn't know what type of offer they'd give... Vuc/Grant for Maclemore/Yogi/Bogdanovic? 

Just now, DocHoliday said:

Center is the least important position in today’s NBA. 

Disagree. 

Youre still operating under the assumption that DSJ is some polished product ready to win and contribute now and Bamba can’t. 

The guy just lost his job and asked to be traded because of it. I liked DSJ and would have happily added him but he’s has some serious concerns/baggage. 

Pin this debate. Bamba will have way more value then a PG whose an average passer, streaky shooter and questionable teammate.