Odin

Trade Thread

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, Originalticketholder said:

I understand the desire to fix our PG position but Ross for Fultz or Ball straight up, to me, is  non negotiable.  While it is "potentially" a huge piece for us, Ross is an "immediate" huge piece to either Philly or the Lakers, who are already better than us.  The big question would be do we think Fultz or Ball, when developed, will be much better than Ross's contribution.  I am not there yet.

Ross’s contribution isn’t worth all that much if we suck. That would be my only argument at this point because I really do like Ross

15 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Ross’s contribution isn’t worth all that much if we suck. That would be my only argument at this point because I really do like Ross

It really depends on if we think we're gonna resign him. We can offer him a 4/56m extension today and every day until free agency. If he's open to that we should probably keep him. If we think he's gonna get 4/64 or something more than that we should flip him. 

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It really depends on if we think we're gonna resign him. We can offer him a 4/56m extension today and every day until free agency. If he's open to that we should probably keep him. If we think he's gonna get 4/64 or something more than that we should flip him. 

Shouldn’t that be on the table right now and get him to sign it before the trade deadline? If he doesn’t sign then trade him. 

10 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Shouldn’t that be on the table right now and get him to sign it before the trade deadline? If he doesn’t sign then trade him. 

Better to sign him after the deadline. More options. 

Why would we want to lock in another multi year contract when this team is still multiple years away from being anything? 

Not saying I don’t like Ross, I do. But if he’s the guy that can net us a good young PG prospect like DSJ/Ball/Fultz I cant fathom not wanting to go that route. 

Also Ross isn’t without his flaws. 

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

After the deadline, we have zero leverage. Ross is unrestricted. 

After the season he's unrestricted. We can still sign him until free agency. And like I said his short term money allows for more options if we want to include him in a trade.

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Why would we want to lock in another multi year contract when this team is still multiple years away from being anything? 

Not saying I don’t like Ross, I do. But if he’s the guy that can net us a good young PG prospect like DSJ/Ball/Fultz I cant fathom not wanting to go that route. 

Also Ross isn’t without his flaws. 

These aren't mutually exclusive scenarios

NBA turning into a clown show when they fine AD $50,000 for his agent making a trade demand publicly.  That's the way to treat your stars???????   So what was that fine for Irving and Butler?  Same clown show that last year fined the Lakers $500,000 for tampering with Paul George then fined them again for tampering with Giannis (second offense) $50,000.  That's how you get results--lower the penalty???? Same clown show that fined Dallas $600,000 for saying they were tanking and fined them nothing when they actually did (playing no starters the last game or two).  New anti-tanking lottery rules take effect this year.......the tanking is about to begin but no team will call it that....lol.

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

NBA turning into a clown show when they fine AD $50,000 for his agent making a trade demand publicly.  That's the way to treat your stars???????   So what was that fine for Irving and Butler?  Same clown show that last year fined the Lakers $500,000 for tampering with Paul George then fined them again for tampering with Giannis (second offense) $50,000.  That's how you get results--lower the penalty???? Same clown show that fined Dallas $600,000 for saying they were tanking and fined them nothing when they actually did (playing no starters the last game or two).  New anti-tanking lottery rules take effect this year.......the tanking is about to begin but no team will call it that....lol.

The fines should be consistent but the real clown show is players demanding trades to specific destinations and those teams you mentioned tampering is bs