Odin

Trade Thread

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Rozier is alright if you have a wing that plays point. We don't have that. 

Yea to me Rozier is more of a 2 guard at least that’s how I’ve always seen him. Not much of a facilitator and looks to score first. 

Man, am I seeing correctly that Ball is shooting 41% from the foul line? How is that even possible? Shaq’s worst season at the foul line during his 19 year nba career was never even that bad. 

Crazy to me a professional nba player, a PG at that, can be that atrocious from the foul line. That’s alarming. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Man, am I seeing correctly that Ball is shooting 41% from the foul line? How is that even possible? Shaq’s worst season at the foul line during his 19 year nba career was never even that bad. 

Crazy to me a professional nba player, a PG at that, can be that atrocious from the foul line. That’s alarming. 

It's definitely worrisome. I'm starting to mentally prepare for this trade and I'm working on convincing myself that a lot of his problems are mental and situational. LA is a circus and I think he could benefit from a change environment, coaching, media, etc.

I think Ball has been playing all year as a dead man walking. Meaning that he knew he wasn’t in the long term plans of Lebron and the Lakers. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Ball has been playing all year as a dead man walking. Meaning that he knew he wasn’t in the long term plans of Lebron and the Lakers. 

But this doesn't excuse or explain his wretched FT and FG %'s

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

28% over the last 15 games or something like that. I don't remember

The good news is being a team that is desperate for a PG it appears we have options. 

Not often two players taken top 10 and top 5 and are just 21 become available so soon into their careers. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

28% over the last 15 games or something like that. I don't remember

That doesn’t seem possible from an nba player. I firmly believe the majority of us who have any sort of basketball background could shoot better. That almost seems like you’re missing on purpose. Crazyness

Ball played well to start the season then got injured. He was playing more aggressively compared to last season when he looked good. I agree w/ some posters here it might be a mental thing or the LA environment. If he came here he could quietly work his game and lead this team. From media standpoint that might be his personality, quiet low-key player.