Odin

Trade Thread

Hey I know Simms has a partial guarantee for this summer, my question is if we don't deal him by the deadline, can we trade him in the offseason for a team looking to just waive him? Or does he only have value this week?

It's getting close to the deadline. I would still prefer Conley or DSJ. Since they are unlikely i want to discuss small moves for guys we have not talked about this month.

If we are making a trade to win now and trying to keep Ross and Vucevic, which teams are in play?

For instance, are the Cavs up to trading someone? Could we get both Delladova and Hood for some extra shooting? They are not spectacular but at least they can hit a free throw and play defense. Throw them the junk at the end of our bench and send them back their second round pick we have.

Love to hear other low key moves to get offensive players. 

Just checked the money, i would love Delly for a small trade but we probably can't handle him on our cap next year.

Hood and Cedi Osman would trade nicely for Simmons. I just can't figure out a reason the Cavs would give up Cedi. He has not had a good year but they still have his rights for one more year very cheap.

38 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Is Bamba going to net us our Point Guard?

I hope not. I could be wrong but I don’t see VUC continuing like this after he gets paid again or if and when Cliff is let go. VUC is not more talented this year than he has been in the past, he is just trying harder now on both sides of the ball. What pisses me off about him is that we can all clearly see he has picked up his effort this year, that means that after we paid him before he took it for granted and didn’t truly care. 

VUC is a selfish player. He was upset when we brought in Ibaka and Biz, he has made comments before about not being willing to come off of the bench. What’s happening this year is Cliff told him we are gonna run this like we did with Dwight with you being the main focus, we will play 1 in and 4 out which he learned from SVG. 

Lastly I know being an All Star is a great accomplishment, but Great players put Team goals first. Do you think that Tom Brady would be ecstatic about being in the pro bowl if his team was 6-10 each year? 

If VUC is soo great now and he’s our franchise cornerstone, where are those teams blowing up our phones to steal him from us in his final year?

• Downvote 1

We should be checking up with the T-wolves. They are a mess. All of the players they got for Butler have under performed. Seems like  players who would be happy to play elsewhere. I would first kick the tires on Tyus Jones, he is about to be restricted, maybe they would rather not deal with free agency. He lost most of his minutes to Rose, i know many of you mentioned him before.  His stats have gone down across the board, i'm hoping  a change of environment would help.

An even better trade for us, for those who really want change. Super simple trade, trade Fournier for Bayless and Covington.

Why it's good for us, the main reason is Bayless is expiring so we would have a little more money this summer. Covington is on the books for awhile, but the guy can legit guard small forwards, unlike most of our team.  We would have a logjam up front again, but that's ok every single contract is easily tradeable. 

If we lose Vuch i could see some great  small ball line-ups with Covey,Isaac and Gordon next year.

Not sure what picks we would need to exchange to make this happen.

Espn trade machine is not working, or i would link the trade.

Someone Email Weltman this idea.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Diplo said:

Hey I know Simms has a partial guarantee for this summer, my question is if we don't deal him by the deadline, can we trade him in the offseason for a team looking to just waive him? Or does he only have value this week?

They changed the rules, so if we were to trade him in the summer his contract would only count for the guaranteed portion (1m) for matching purposes.

If a team wants value for next season, they need to get him before the deadline.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tank Vogel said:

They changed the rules, so if we were to trade him in the summer his contract would only count for the guaranteed portion (1m) for matching purposes.

If a team wants value for next season, they need to get him before the deadline.

We could trade him to a team below the cap. We just can't take back much money

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We could trade him to a team below the cap. We just can't take back much money

True. I'm just working on the assumption that no one with cap would want him and his only value is getting waived.

5 hours ago, KRISH10 said:

I hope not. I could be wrong but I don’t see VUC continuing like this after he gets paid again or if and when Cliff is let go. VUC is not more talented this year than he has been in the past, he is just trying harder now on both sides of the ball. What pisses me off about him is that we can all clearly see he has picked up his effort this year, that means that after we paid him before he took it for granted and didn’t truly care. 

VUC is a selfish player. He was upset when we brought in Ibaka and Biz, he has made comments before about not being willing to come off of the bench. What’s happening this year is Cliff told him we are gonna run this like we did with Dwight with you being the main focus, we will play 1 in and 4 out which he learned from SVG. 

Lastly I know being an All Star is a great accomplishment, but Great players put Team goals first. Do you think that Tom Brady would be ecstatic about being in the pro bowl if his team was 6-10 each year? 

If VUC is soo great now and he’s our franchise cornerstone, where are those teams blowing up our phones to steal him from us in his final year?

Makes no sense to give up much now when he is a free agent this summer. I hear Dallas is going to pursue him.