Odin

Trade Thread

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh also the specific everybody is other executives. 

When there's a source out there that says "sources say that team x will do y" the source isn't every team x. It's the other teams that team x is talking to. 

The fact that Lowe says "The league as a whole has no feel for Weltman's plan" is basically saying we haven't given enough evidence for anyone to guess what we're doing. 

we're not actively shopping vucevic and Ross. If we were we'd be a team that was selling it's vets. We're not actively trying to trade for good vets or else we'd be buying. 

they don't know what we're doing so we're not following a pattern. 

We're inquiring about point guards but that's it. And talks don't get far. 

This screams that we’re standing pat to me when logic says we should be doing anything on either side of buying or selling.

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This screams that we’re standing pat to me when logic says we should be doing anything on either side of buying or selling.

It absolutely could be that. 

It could be they have a super secret strategy to get great things to happen. 

It could be that they're completely overthinking their plan and a lack of aggressiveness hurts them. 

We'll see. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

The other odd thing with Lowe is how much he keeps suggesting that other teams try and trade for Gordon. We have zero reason to trade Gordon at this juncture.

Just now, Soul Bro said:

The other odd thing with Lowe is how much he keeps suggesting that other teams try and trade for Gordon.

It's because we gauged the market for him last year before we resigned him because he's not an all NBA guy so it makes sense to get every bit of data before you commit to a guy. 

And he doesn't think Isaac and Gordon can play together. 

And he thinks our front office prefers Isaac to Gordon. 

None of this is sourced, it's just assumptions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's because we gauged the market for him last year before we resigned him because he's not an all NBA guy so it makes sense to get every bit of data before you commit to a guy. 

And he doesn't think Isaac and Gordon can play together. 

And he thinks our front office prefers Isaac to Gordon. 

None of this is sourced, it's just assumptions. 

Yet oddly he notes that Isaac and Bamba can’t be on the court together.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yet oddly he notes that Isaac and Bamba can’t be on the court together.

It doesn't help that the vast majority of their minutes together come with jerian Grant also in the game. That might impact things a bit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

That Lowe read is very odd. I really hope our leadership isn’t divided on our plan going forward, as he speculates.

That would explain the total lack of anything happening. 

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Like I said in my previous post smaller market teams are going to have to get creative. Take some calculated risks. Get lucky. Dallas has done that the past few months. Still no telling if that will be enough because as much as I like Luka and Porz, it’s gonna take at least 2 more big names to keep up with these other teams. 

What I’ve been saying. Three ways to get players and we seem content to utilize only the draft until we “earn” the other two.  Maybe they aren’t tipping their hand or maybe they don’t have one other than draft and hope. Time will tell. 

53 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Lol who's giving me negatives for that

IDK but I upvoted your posts to neutral the injury  as I dont think any of those comments were deserving of a downvote. It most be someone hating after you gave them a negative. 

Boston is in a very tough position at the moment. The hate they are getting is inmense. It seems as Ainge and the rest of Boston management are not in good terms with players for what they did to IT. I see that. 

We have to be careful on how we treat Vooch here. He has been out there in the media and twitter expressing the love to the city and his fan. There are even some comments from his agent that he is willing to give the Magic a discount in the offseason. We dont want to be the next Boston. I think this is how our management is feeling at the moment. They want to trade him but the timing is off with the all star selection and all the love to the orginization, city and fans he is giving out there. 

I think we are keeping him with the intent to sign him unless a Jru or Conley trade comes along. If we sign him, we do expect to trade him to a team like Dallas for future assests and picks. I dont see us keeping him past 1 year. 

Unfortunately, this is what is likely happening and honestly, I am already embracing it. And if we strike out in any potential Ross trade then work on resigning him again in the offseason. He can also be a future trade asesset. The one thing I want them to do is to trade Fournier and Simmons. Work those phone hard to get this two guys out. 

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

That would explain the total lack of anything happening. 

I Though about it and you might be correct here. I just hope that Martin is not the one again getting involved  in blocking management decisions, as he has done in the past.