Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

In 155 paint touches he has 12 turnovers. That's 7.7% of the time. Kanter is at 8.4. Ibaka 8.2. towns 7.4

Case closed. I need the program or website you use. 

1 minute ago, DocHoliday said:

So you guys truly believe we’d win more games right now with Bamba as a starter than Vuc? Right now? 

I don't think anyone said that.  Wasn't the quote that started this off that Bamba isn't as far off as being a decent starting center as some people think?  So nothing about wins or comparing him to another center?

You're changing the argument on everything right now.  First he turned the ball over all the time in the post -- then objective stats proved that's not really true.  Then the argument was well actually he just gets pushed around a lot.  Now you're changing what the argument even was to begin with. 

I think you might need a few deep breaths.  You went from enjoyable, rational guy to hot take apocalypse guy in like 4 days.

7 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

How often does he even get the ball in the post? I don't recall it being often. He runs a lot of high screen and rolls, spot ups, cleans up the glass, with the occasional cut to the lane. 

I don't know what you're seeing. 

Just under one time per game. He's really bad at it but a Bamba post up results in points more often than a vucevic post up which is why it doesn't really make sense to post up unless you have an embiid or an ayton. 

3 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

So you guys truly believe we’d win more games right now with Bamba as a starter than Vuc? Right now? 

That's not what was said. 4TheWin said he isn't far off and you responded with he turns the ball over too much and can't handle the ball. 

Just now, DocHoliday said:

No but I think we could win more games with a competent 2 way PG that can push the ball and run with B.I.G. Having 3 guys that can jump out of the gym and run fast we should be playing a very fast paced game and getting lots of fast breaks and lobs. Plus having DJ run the 2nd unit I don't think we get wiped out so often by other teams' 2nd unit.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Just under one time per game. He's really bad at it but a Bamba post up results in points more often than a vucevic post up which is why it doesn't really make sense to post up unless you have an embiid or an ayton. 

That's what I thought. 

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

No but I think we could win more games with a competent 2 way PG that can push the ball and run with B.I.G. Having 3 guys that can jump out of the gym and run fast we should be playing a very fast paced game and getting lots of fast breaks and lobs. Plus having DJ run the 2nd unit I don't think we get wiped out so often by other teams' 2nd unit.

Why do you guys think we haven’t seen serious minutes with BIG? Do you think it’s at all possible if even likely that they’ve maybe seen that lineup in scrimmages? 

8 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

He gets pushed around a lot man. 

Yeah. But I can live with that most nights. That's what's stopping him from being good. He'll have some good games and he'll have some terrible games but overall I think he'd be fine

I can’t reconcile the fact that you guys want to go all in on BIG when all indications is that someone is going to have to go. I mean I was super on board when we drafted Mo. He’s who I wanted over the Sextons and Youngs of the world. But even then people were saying we’d have to love someone. 

5 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Why do you guys think we haven’t seen serious minutes with BIG? Do you think it’s at all possible if even likely that they’ve maybe seen that lineup in scrimmages? 

Because Bamba plays 16mpg that coincides with Isaac on a break and a Grant-Ross-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba lineup would be terrible. 

It's not really feasible until we get a point guard. 

Edit: or Isaac becomes a reliable offensive threat and not a coin flip between being solid and being garbage