Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Agree on this. One last thing I would trade Bamba for the right return it’s just my opinion Jrue isn’t that. Thats just me.

That’s fine. I personally think that a decent center and Issac make up the aggregate benefit that Mo potentially offers. Listen dude if Mo is on this team come this time next year and we have a franchise guard, then cool. I still don’t think he’s starting caliber anytime soon. That’s fine just if our window opens earlier than we thought...he like the other 2/3 BIG is an asset. 

Didn’t mean for anything to get nasty. 

Los Angeles "Tampering" Lakers are at it again and even Charles Barkley agrees.  NBA clown show does nothing putting small market teams at a disadvantage.

Barkley: The fix has seemed to be in for a while on the situation, as Barkley said. Earlier this season, ahead of a game between the Lakers and Pelicans, LeBron said playing with Davis would be “amazing.” Small-market GMs were reportedly furious with the league for not enforcing tampering rules when James made the comments. LeBron and Davis then got together for dinner after the game.

James and Davis share an agent — Rich Paul of Klutch Sports — which makes it seem like they have coordinated things in an effort to get the two superstars together. There is talk that Davis is trying to discourage teams from trading for him by saying he will sign with the Lakers in 2020.

David Stern stepped in during the past to block a Chris Paul trade to the Lakers in 2011. This does seem to be a clear case of tampering and/or collusion. Adam Silver would be well within his rights to intervene.

1 minute ago, DocHoliday said:

That’s fine. I personally think that a decent center and Issac make up the aggregate benefit that Mo potentially offers. Listen dude if Mo is on this team come this time next year and we have a franchise guard, then cool. I still don’t think he’s starting caliber anytime soon. That’s fine just if our window opens earlier than we thought...he like the other 2/3 BIG is an asset. 

Didn’t mean for anything to get nasty. 

Same. It didn’t need to go that far. We way disagree on Bamba but that’s fine that’s the point of these discussions. 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'd be more in favor of dumping Gordon vs Isaac or Bamba in a trade if he wasn't the only guy younger than 26 scoring more than 8ppg. 

Yup and it's all about timing. At the beginning of the season with the excellent contract, he had great trade value. With a dysfunctional team his value drops every week.

• Downvote 1

I know I'm throwing everyone back a few pages... but with that proposed Laker/Pelican/Magic deal...I'd make one change. 

I wouldn't mind the Magic acquiring Lonzo + Darius Miller. We need additional scoring help on the bench. I'd love to see him and Ross come off the bench with some fire in their belly. 

Lonzo/DJ/Briscoe

Fournier/Ross

Isaac/Miller/Frazier

Gordon/Martin

Vuc/Bamba/Birch

I'm happier with that team to be honest. If you move Fournier + Grant for a shooting guard or Vuc + Fournier for an some kind of superstar if possible. I think you start to see some potential there. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe we can trade Ross for a late pick and salary filler, Vuc for a late pick and salary filler and give new Orleans 4 picks for jrue. 

I’m not ready to surrender the season yet but if we were out of it, that’d work. I’d trade Vuc and a protected first to New Orleans for Jrue. He could make up Vuc’s scoring and we’d still have Ross to boost bench scoring. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Weird. Holiday is having his best year yet is by far having his worst year shooting the 3 ball by a wide margin. 

It helps that he's getting to the rim on 31% of his fga. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It helps that he's getting to the rim on 31% of his fga. 

Yea that explains his jump in PPG even with the 3 point dip. If his shot went back to like 37% he’d be averaging close to 23 a game.