Odin

Trade Thread

46 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m in the way minority apparently but I don’t want Conley or Jrue. Wouldn’t be mad if we got either for a non-major piece but they don’t mesh up with the timeline of our team. By the time someone like JI or Bamba are hitting their stride Conley would be 34 Jrue 32. 

Those guys are both short term fixes. I want a long term fix to where we aren’t having a Pg discussion 2 or 3 years from now. 

Getting a PG allows those guys to hit their stride faster. It allows us to properly evaluate AG when he can get baskets easier. It allows us to evaluate our defense without DJ playing 30 mpg.

We have lost so many games that we could have won this season. Those guys are playoff tested and help you win them.

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

“We just want to win” is the mentality that lands you Biz and DJ and Fournier. 

Also I’ve never said nothing is untouchable. I am however not trading who IMO has the highest upside on this team for a guy who will be 29 next year. Which in turn means we are locking back in with Vuch. 

Getting bounced in the first round will get old quickly but apparently as long as we win enough games it will appease you people that just want to win now with no end goal. That’ll be great. 

You think Bamba has the highest upside? Not JI or AG? 

4 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

You think Bamba has the highest upside? Not JI or AG? 

Yes. I’ve said that about 5 times. Crazy, but I do think the 7’0 center with a 7’10 wingspan who has a shot that doesn’t look broke has more upside then AG and JI. 

Also here we go again with the “If AG had xxx we could properly evaluate him after 5 years”....says the same people that are done with Bamba before the all star break of his first year. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yes. I’ve said that about 5 times. Crazy, but I do think the 7’0 center with a 7’10 wingspan who has a shot that doesn’t look broke has more upside then AG and JI. 

Also here we go again with the “If AG had xxx we could properly evaluate him after 5 years”....says the same people that are done with Bamba before the all star break of his first year. 

Bradley’s height, Manute Bol... man with that size, I bet they are hall of famers. 

... says the same people that are done with Bamba before the all star break of his first year. 

The impatience with Bamba thing that's going on is so baffling to me.  It's going to take a few years to have any sense of his trajectory.  As ?4TW has pointed out many times, his rookie numbers compare favorably with other high impact Cs.  If there's any fanbase that should recognize the dangers of giving up on players too early, it's ours. 

3 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Bradley’s height, Manute Bol... man with that size, I bet they are hall of famers. 

You’re actually clueless. Good to know. I’ve suspected it for sometime now but thanks for confirming. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The impatience with Bamba thing that's going on is so baffling to me.  It's going to take a few years to have any sense of his trajectory.  As ?4TW has pointed out many times, his rookie numbers compare favorably with other high impact Cs.  If there's any fanbase that should recognize the dangers of giving up on players too early, it's ours. 

100%. 

I would at least ask for people to be consistent.

If you’re going to be impatient with Bamba please do so with AG as well. People already acting like this towards Bamba I can’t imagine what they would do if by his 5th year he wasn’t an all-star. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

You’re actually clueless. Good to know. I’ve suspected it for sometime now but thanks for confirming. 

On some things sure. Drafting raw prospects and being so precious about them being an asset only half a decade from now is I’ll advised. I like Bamba actually but there is a long history of these type of players beings busts. Your’ assumption that not only will he not be a bust but will be the masthead of this franchise says a lot. It reminds me of when people here assumed MARIO was Doncic level transcendent. 

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

“We just want to win” is the mentality that lands you Biz and DJ and Fournier. 

Also I’ve never said nothing is untouchable. I am however not trading who IMO has the highest upside on this team for a guy who will be 29 next year. Which in turn means we are locking back in with Vuch. 

Getting bounced in the first round will get old quickly but apparently as long as we win enough games it will appease you people that just want to win now with no end goal. That’ll be great. 

Biyombo made no sense. Ibaka made no sense, they don't count. At the time our two best players were frontcourt players, Gordon and Vucevic. I have no idea what Henny was doing. We are trying to get better.

If we traded Gordon away for DSJ and cap space to Dallas i would be pretty pissed. Because that would have made no sense. If the Blazers wanted to trade us McCollum and a package for Gordon, i might have to listen. See the difference? 

It's all about changing the team up and getting a fair return. 

100%. 

I would at least ask for people to be consistent.

If you’re going to be impatient with Bamba please do so with AG as well. People already acting like this towards Bamba I can’t imagine what they would do if by his 5th year he wasn’t an all-star. 

Oh I am plenty impatient with AG in the sense he isn’t inmovable. You guys have got to get over your’ love of potential to the point you don’t treat the player like an asset. I like Ross and would hate to see him gone but if it makes us better...