Odin

Trade Thread

54 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Bleachreport had us involved in a deal between Dallas and Wizards discussing a deal centralized in Beal and Howard for DSJ and matthew with Us as a 3rd party giving away Isaac and second rounder for DSJ and Dekker. 

Not sure I like it but is out there. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813275-realistic-trades-that-would-blow-up-2019-nba-free-agency#slide3

I wouldn't trade Isaac for DSJ

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Bleachreport had us involved in a deal between Dallas and Wizards discussing a deal centralized in Beal and Howard for DSJ and matthew with Us as a 3rd party giving away Isaac and second rounder for DSJ and Dekker. 

Not sure I like it but is out there. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813275-realistic-trades-that-would-blow-up-2019-nba-free-agency#slide3

Here is the trade they discuss, plus some second round draft picks moving. Can't be completed until 2/6 because of Dekker. Personally, giving up Isaac to get Dennis Smith Jr. strikes me as a lateral move at best. I don't see this one happening, as I don't think Washington will give up Beal for this little return. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9nsq8gj

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The obvious move is Simmons for a point guard. Simmons and Grant to San Antonio for Patty Mills.

That'd be a crippling move for our salary cap. 

Any trade needs to be either a long term move or a guy on an expiring contract. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That'd be a crippling move for our salary cap. 

Any trade needs to be either a long term move or a guy on an expiring contract. 

Didn’t realize he’s got 2 years left after this one, both fully guaranteed. Nevermind. Simmons for a PG is still the easiest logical move, just not sure which one.

I know LeBron tried like hell to recruit Simmons to Cleveland before he signed here, and Ball for Simmons works, but there’s no way the Lakers would accept that trade.

Think we might need to entertain the idea of a trade for Mike Conley. 

Pros:

all star caliber player

Well rounded point guard. Above average at everything. 

Significant playoff experience. 

Leadership skills

Toughness

Cons:

Age. Just turned 31

Owed 30.5 this season. 32.5 next season. 34.5 the following season. 

Injury history. 

There's a lot to think this would be a bad idea but I think the negatives also might keep him cheap. His contract expires with Fournier so we'd have a reasonable financial scenario going forward. Gives us summer of 2021 to cash in cap space. 

I think he's got enough juice in him to finish out the contact. 

And I think we could fit Mozgov in the deal. If we do we can start next year with a rotation of Conley-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba Augustin-resigned Ross-iwundu-(cheap big man) and use the full MLE on someone if we want. 

I haven't decided if I like this. But a deal like Mozgov our pick top 4 protected and vucevic for Conley (with Memphis flipping vucevic to another place like Charlotte for monk and mkg) might make sense. 

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Didn’t realize he’s got 2 years left after this one, both fully guaranteed. Nevermind. Simmons for a PG is still the easiest logical move, just not sure which one.

I know LeBron tried like hell to recruit Simmons to Cleveland before he signed here, and Ball for Simmons works, but there’s no way the Lakers would accept that trade.

How about this trade? 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y787bzlp

Obvious trade for Lakers, especially after the Paul George swing and miss. I don't think they value Ingram and Ball very much anymore.

From the Pelicans side i obviously think it's a no go without a Magic and Laker's unprotected pick.

From our side i have no problem with it if we could only keep our 2019 pick. I would give up future picks, however.

Obviously this probably lands us in the lottery again without Vuch, but i see upside. 

We get to keep Ross, it seems like keeping one of them was important to the fanbase. 

We do not have to draft a pg or center for a few years, so we can concentrate on maybe hitting on a scoring wing.

In the end, it's just a shake up. I do not see Vuch being resigned here and at best we are an 8th seeded playoff team with him.

The big problem is getting us involved in the trade while giving enough to New Orleans to actually complete it.

Edit; the trade also works getting back Mo Wagner if you want one more piece. 

Again, we are not getting back Kuzma, Hart, Ingram or other pieces because i'm trying to keep our 2019 pick. 

Here's my trade... 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9dvhjrd

The trade centerpieces are Fournier to Wiz, Beal to Mavs, DSJ to Magic. Washington can't fully rebuild since they're stuck with Wall forever, so send Fournier and Simmons plus our first rounder and perhaps Mavs can fill in with some 2nd Rounders. We take DSJ and Wes Matthews, Mavs take Beal and Grant. I don't know if it would be possible to keep our 1st rounder in this scenario though, it really wouldn't be fair without the 1st rounder. Still feels like Wizards would be getting the short end of the stick but who cares, they're the Wiz! lol