Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

Gamethread: Kings at Magic

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You must be fun at parties

Because I'm tired of seeing the same **** from this team? Why am I crazy for being sick of it? You enjoying this? 

I appreciate you digging for the positives year in and year out cuz it gives us hope but I need results. You can have the good Gordon games and losses. I want the wins. 

No go ahead and continue to act like what I'm saying doesn't make sense. 

7 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Because I'm tired of seeing the same **** from this team? Why am I crazy for being sick of it? You enjoying this? 

I appreciate you digging for the positives year in and year out cuz it gives us hope but I need results. You can have the good Gordon games and losses. I want the wins. 

No go ahead and continue to act like what I'm saying doesn't make sense. 

It doesn't. Because I just made a statement that I'd be more unhappy if Gordon and Bamba didn't perform well in a loss. I didn't make a qualitative statement on our goals. I didn't say "I'd rather have Gordon and Bamba play well in a loss than vucevic dominate in a win". I just said "at least they played well". Because it'd be worse if they didn't play well. It's like saying "at least it's not raining" as you're changing a tire. It's not a moral victory. 

So please, continue your tantrum. 

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Like if we lose on Friday but Isaac hits 4 threes can I talk about it or do I have to check with you first?

I think a lot depends on context.  You can find positives in every loss, but if you focus too much on those, the bigger point that usually deserves more attention gets deemphasized, which is that we lost.  That’s one of the main things I dislike about out TV announcing crew, they’ll talk about how  Vuch is having another double double when we’re losing by 25.  

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Like if we lose on Friday but Isaac hits 4 threes can I talk about it or do I have to check with you first?

Lol get out your damn feelings. My statement was a reflection on where we stand as a team and what we have to hang our hat on after 6 years of bull. No one was attacking you. We have been searching for moral victories game after game year after year and its about time we see some real results. 

I'm saying the same thing everyone else is in this thread besides you and Mauro but I'm throwing a tantrum because you thought my comment was personal.  

Edit: and again I never said you can't or shouldn't talk about players and their games. My question was ok So what now? They played well and we still lost. Where do we go from here? 

Haha, I think people are getting a bit grumpy here.

This loss was a disappointment. To say anything else would be untrue. It was a game that, on paper, we probably should have won.

Some of our guys did good stuff in the game. That is good as it hopefully bodes well for our future. But eventually the good play from some of our guys needs to translate into wins, otherwise it is meaningless.

It is still too early to say what this season is going to truly look like. There is a lot of variability that will likely get sorted out. The early results are not promising, but even just last season, we saw a bunch of teams start out strong and crash hard, while others got better as the season went on. Hopefully our fortunes improve.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Boston had the 5th best record in the NBA right now. 

The only decent team they beat was Philly who is also struggling. Raptors was their stiffest comp and they got dusted by double digits. They beat Oklahoma but their having problems as well.

43 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Lol get out your damn feelings. My statement was a reflection on where we stand as a team and what we have to hang our hat on after 6 years of bull. No one was attacking you. We have been searching for moral victories game after game year after year and its about time we see some real results. 

I'm saying the same thing everyone else is in this thread besides you and Mauro but I'm throwing a tantrum because you thought my comment was personal.  

Edit: and again I never said you can't or shouldn't talk about players and their games. My question was ok So what now? They played well and we still lost. Where do we go from here? 

Realistically between now and Friday we might shuffle the rotation. That's the only what now answer that we can reasonably project. We need to make a trade but I'm not sure there's a decent trade out there that's not another team trying to screw us. 

7 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

The only decent team they beat was Philly who is also struggling. Raptors was their stiffest comp and they got dusted by double digits. They beat Oklahoma but their having problems as well.

So they lost to us and Toronto but beat everyone else they've played. 

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So they lost to us and Toronto but beat everyone else they've played. 

I agree.  The Boston win was a very good win. I thought our players showed great effort.  

Not discounting the win, it was a good one, but Boston is not playing all that great for a team that expected to win the East handlely. Toronto may have something to say about that and they made a big roster change with Leonard