Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Blazers

37 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I don’t see AG as a consistent defender or consistent on anything. He’s flashy yes, but doesn’t seem very efficient. The question we have to eventually ask ourselves is it better to trade him for a player like Kemba/Rozier and move Issac to the 4 where he may be better suited. I am higher on Issac then AG. 

I think this is a fair question, especially when you include players like McCollum, too. That being said, AG just turned 23, which is crazy. And he’s also now a movie star. Lol

For those that like advanced metrics, seems AG is our best starting defender thus far with a DRTG of 101. His ORTG is 102. Isaac is next with a DRTG of 108.

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I don’t see AG as a consistent defender or consistent on anything. He’s flashy yes, but doesn’t seem very efficient. The question we have to eventually ask ourselves is it better to trade him for a player like Kemba/Rozier and move Issac to the 4 where he may be better suited. I am higher on Issac then AG. 

Although Isaac has a ton of potential we couldn't possibly entertain the idea of trading AG until at lease Isaac has shown that he is no longer an ankle injury risk. 

21 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’m disappointed in AG this far this year with his shot selection and taking himself out of games. Not sure if he has the “it” that you see in young all stars 

Hard to see the “it” behind two me’s

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’m disappointed in AG this far this year with his shot selection and taking himself out of games. Not sure if he has the “it” that you see in young all stars 

Huh? 

Gordon's shot selection has been fine other than the first half against Boston. 

He hasn't taken a contested 3 this year. 

68% of his shots are either within 8 feet from the rim or from the three point line. 

He only attempted 2 isolations in the first 4 games. 

He's not over dribbling 1.7 dribbles per touch

He should probably stop taking that fadeaway but that's kind of nit picking. 

32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Huh? 

Gordon's shot selection has been fine other than the first half against Boston. 

He hasn't taken a contested 3 this year. 

68% of his shots are either within 8 feet from the rim or from the three point line. 

He only attempted 2 isolations in the first 4 games. 

He's not over dribbling 1.7 dribbles per touch

He should probably stop taking that fadeaway but that's kind of nit picking. 

That fade-away kills me.

After the first half of last game he started going to the rim more which is what he needs to do more of. He’s pretty good on catch and shoot from the 3 too. 

But then he got benched after semi bringing us back last night and I’m not sure why. Was it defensive lapse? Anyone know? 

I think what he is trying to say is given Gordon's athleticism and handle he should be going to the rim more and and getting easy baskets or fouls. 

That is what everyone  said about Dipo, that was my main gripe with him. I was never one of the people who said his shot wouldn't develop. it seemed like Fournier was much more comfortable driving with the ball to either create his own shot or set up others. The big thing is Evan had a ceiling with his athleticism and Dipo finally lived up to his when he arrived at Indiana. 

Aaron needs to keep his shot going and go to the basket more as he starts to get more respect for his shot. He needs to see the floor better and in the end that is what will elevate him to another level. It really is hard to understand that split second that elite players seem to get and very good players do not. For those who watched the game, remember that 8-0 run that Portland had when the magic pulled within 3? The layup Lillard made inbetween 3 pointers is what i'm talking about. He saw the lane  in a tenth of a second and had to the skills to take it to the basket and either make it or get fouled.

Gordon's play thus far is not even close to being one of the primary issues with the team.  He's been fine.  Why is this a current concern?

This reminds me of last year when he carried us to a win and dropped 41 in one of our early games and all anyone wanted to talk about was how he didn't pass enough.  Even Robbins posted some pseudo-negative article after that game, despite a great win.

What's he supposed to do?  He scores a lot and suddenly he's not a team player; he has a mediocre game and now he's not aggressive enough.  Maybe we should just be less reactionary?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Unfortunately, Gordon will never fully develop with Vucevic and Fournier on the team.

This is true. It puzzles me that he's our "franchise" guy and the last guy introduced in our home opener, but is actually a "fight for scraps" guy during the game.

The biggest hole we've had these past 7 years hasn't been the management from the front office. It's been coaching — the lack of an actual offensive plan, a point guard that sets up others and ball + player movement.

There's a reason why everybody else looks better when they leave our team. Gordon would be fantastic for a good offensive coach