The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

My logic here is that we're probably getting nothing good back for Vuc and Fournier. An unprotected 1st would be amazing, hell if we got a similar package we received for Ibaka I'd be ecstatic. Gordon is still young enough that we could  get an actual piece in return. Beal isn't really an upgrade to Gordon but his game addresses a major need (volume shooting) and he's a better complement to Isaac and Bamba + we can still tank for the draft.

Also looking deeper, he's the only Washington piece I'd want anyway.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think if we trade Gordon it needs to be for a pick or a rookie contract guy because the team needs to start over

Or just talent. Maybe a young talent that fits better.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Or just talent. Maybe a young talent that fits better.

Fits better with what?

The center who is super talented but a long way off and the guy with glass ankles who you can't count on to play 10 consecutive games?

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think if we trade Gordon it needs to be for a pick or a rookie contract guy because the team needs to start over

I kinda think we are heading here. Starting over. Wouldn’t shock me if Bamba is the only player currently on the roster that’s here in 3 years. 

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fits better with what?

The center who is super talented but a long way off and the guy with glass ankles who you can't count on to play 10 consecutive games?

I just don’t think we’ll ever fully commit to tanking.

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Didn’t the majority of the forum want Smith Jr? Would anyone not trade Issac for him strait up right now?

I still think I'd try to trade our pick and like vucevic for him before Isaac. Need to add to our pieces instead of lateral moves from a total talent standpoint

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I still think I'd try to trade our pick and like vucevic for him before Isaac. Need to add to our pieces instead of lateral moves from a total talent standpoint

Yea totally agree. I was more speaking in a vacuum. Honestly it’s gonna take a move like that to get me back into this team. I just can’t keep doing it. I wanna care and I want us to win but we are at a point where if the next week doesn’t go good this season is completely lost and we’re back to tanking. Which is fine whatever, but I’m just not into wanting us to lose again. I’m sick of cheering for that but here we are again. 

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

My logic here is that we're probably getting nothing good back for Vuc and Fournier. An unprotected 1st would be amazing, hell if we got a similar package we received for Ibaka I'd be ecstatic. Gordon is still young enough that we could  get an actual piece in return. Beal isn't really an upgrade to Gordon but his game addresses a major need (volume shooting) and he's a better complement to Isaac and Bamba + we can still tank for the draft.

Also looking deeper, he's the only Washington piece I'd want anyway.

Man I think Beal is a major upgrade from AG. Completely different style of players but Beal is an all-star. Gordon is getting benched against the clippers.