The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

On 11/26/2018 at 3:26 PM, ?4thewin said:

Chris Sheridan says we're interested in Fultz and listed the OKC pick and either Simmons or Grant and Martin as pieces we'd offer. 

Let's hope today this goes down

It actually has! :)

Like the move, low risk high reward.

The only thing I dislike: if Fultz is not ready to play in a short period of time, we'll still have to look at the same exact team playing the same exact way for a few more weeks... we could have been more agressive, but keeping Vuc and Ross is probably the price to pay to a playoff return that the ownership, and part of the fanbase, need and want.

If we look to re-sign Ross and Vooch, what are reasonable contracts for them? And then how much cap space would we have left over? 

I’m guessing a 3 year deal for Ross at 12-14 mil/yr. For Vooch, I’d offer a two year deal, with the second year being a player option. Maybe 20 and 20. Not sure he’d sign for less, and I’d be fine letting him walk.

32 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If we look to re-sign Ross and Vooch, what are reasonable contracts for them? And then how much cap space would we have left over? 

I’m guessing a 3 year deal for Ross at 12-14 mil/yr. For Vooch, I’d offer a two year deal, with the second year being a player option. Maybe 20 and 20. Not sure he’d sign for less, and I’d be fine letting him walk.

If we keep the pick and let Ross and vucevic walk we have something in the realm of 17 million to spend. 

Ross has a 15 million cap hold. Vuc has a 19 million cap hold. 

If we keep one or both (even if we sign then to reasonable contracts less than their cap hold) we have the 9.2 million MLE to spend

Fultz-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-bamba

DJ-Ross-iwundu-10th man pf free agent-birch?

Briscoe-Frazier-vet minimum guy or second round guy X3

We aren't missing many pieces. We need the young guys to improve and we need to turn Fournier into a better player. 

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fultz-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-bamba

DJ-Ross-iwundu-10th man pf free agent-birch?

Briscoe-Frazier-vet minimum guy or second round guy X3

We aren't missing many pieces. We need the young guys to improve and we need to turn Fournier into a better player. 

I think we might have to place Mozgov in the back up center role somehow to improve his value for a possible Conley deal next year. 

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think we might have to place Mozgov in the back up center role somehow to improve his value for a possible Conley deal next year. 

Nah. I think we might just waive him. 

I think we need to sign both Ross and Vooch close to the cap hold value and work on a deal to let Fournier and Mozgov go.  That will open our cap space a little more.

We might be in a good positing next year with DJ and Mozgov expiring. I think this two and a pick might get us Conley

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think we need to sign both Ross and Vooch close to the cap hold value and work on a deal to let Fournier and Mozgov go.  That will open our cap space a little more.

We might be in a good positing next year with DJ and Mozgov expiring. I think this two and a pick might get us Conley

We don't need Conley anymore