The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Russell?? Over Dinwiddie.. i dont agree with that. 

I will have Vooch over those two. Besides. Oladipo is injured and that will open another spot. 

19.3/3.8/6.5 > 17.2/2.5/5.0

35 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's no question Vuc is an all star this year

So what is the question? Whether he makes the east vs the west? Whether he wears the Celtics, Dallas, Sixers, LA, Memphis or Magic uniform?

Gotta say this is crazy if you take a step back.  

We have our first all star in 10 years and we are gonna get rid of him hahaha.

I mean I'm ok with it sort of...

Just from the outside looking in he is gonna be a all star ..the whole league are gonna think we are nuts and going to get absolutely slaughtered by trading him. Hence why I think we are just gonna let him run out his contract and when he decides to go elsewhere it doesn't look as bad.

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

17.3 fga per game vs 12.2 fga per game

Not debating efficiency, debating counting stats for the meaningless All-Star Game

Russell averaging 24 and 7.7 on 61% shooting in January during this hot streak and Dindwiddie getting hurt seals it for him.

I would prefer Dinwiddie at 12M vs Russell at whatever he will get this summer. 

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Just from the outside looking in he is gonna be a all star ..the whole league are gonna think we are nuts and going to get absolutely slaughtered by trading him. Hence why I think we are just gonna let him run out his contract and when he decides to go elsewhere it doesn't look as bad.

Depends on if someone offers is something interesting or not

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I don't think a team that gives Jerian Grant significant minutes really cares what people think.

We might trade Vuc, we might let him walk....but either way it won't be based on how it will make us look to the rest of the league.

• Like 1

Vuc will regress to the Vuc of the last 5 years, that's my opinion and I don't want to have him tied up for long term money.

I also don't think having a game plan built around him is good for us long term, and when you stop building it around him his value to us severely plummets.

• Upvote 1

Vuch playing good all the sudden in a contract year when we draft a center to take his job should anger people about him. Just proves he was complacent and has coasted for years. Don’t wanna build a team around that. I’m good. 

• Upvote 1