The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Though it might now be possible to make a trade with Indiana centered around either Darren Collison or Cory Joseph, since both expire and they probably can't afford to resign both of them. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Though it might now be possible to make a trade with Indiana centered around either Darren Collison or Cory Joseph, since both expire and they probably can't afford to resign both of them. 

It may have been possible to get one of those before hand since they want to give Aaron Holliday more time, but now they really need them both. They are still a playoff team without Oladipo. 

Wanted to point something out. Our record is 20-28. Lot's of blown leads and poor 4th quarter shooting. It's easy to think that if we played just a little bit better, many of those losses could be wins. The problem we all seem to agree on  is our players are not stars, just role-players. How can we get those players or that kind of play here, this year?

The answer almost always includes something we do not want to lose.Our possible draft pick this year. Our future, mainly B.I.G. Our best players this year(Ross,Vucevic.)

So, it comes down to this logic for me. The safest thing  for management to do is stay put. If we make the playoffs, it's a small win for them.If we don't  then we have another lottery pick, and a small amount of cap room.

Aside from doing nothing trading Simmons,Ross,Vuch, or the draft pick is the next option. I put them in order of safest for management to riskiest move.

If we lose even 4 of the next 7, no way we make a big move. Just too risky. So what can we do?

48 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Wanted to point something out. Our record is 20-28. Lot's of blown leads and poor 4th quarter shooting. It's easy to think that if we played just a little bit better, many of those losses could be wins. The problem we all seem to agree on  is our players are not stars, just role-players. How can we get those players or that kind of play here, this year?

The answer almost always includes something we do not want to lose.Our possible draft pick this year. Our future, mainly B.I.G. Our best players this year(Ross,Vucevic.)

So, it comes down to this logic for me. The safest thing  for management to do is stay put. If we make the playoffs, it's a small win for them.If we don't  then we have another lottery pick, and a small amount of cap room.

Aside from doing nothing trading Simmons,Ross,Vuch, or the draft pick is the next option. I put them in order of safest for management to riskiest move.

If we lose even 4 of the next 7, no way we make a big move. Just too risky. So what can we do?

I think you’re describing paralysis for fear of making a mistake.  These guys are pretty experienced, and I would hope that’s not the case.  

27 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I think you’re describing paralysis for fear of making a mistake.  These guys are pretty experienced, and I would hope that’s not the case.  

Considering we have confirmed activity for 4 different players this season I think we're not afraid to pursue change

I'm calling it now for fun. It's Ross and Simmons that are moved. Easy to trade wings on cheap expiring contracts. 

Had to edit, Vucevic only gets traded to Celtics...no other team.

Russell?? Over Dinwiddie.. i dont agree with that. 

I will have Vooch over those two. Besides. Oladipo is injured and that will open another spot. 

Vuch is gonna get in and he deserves it. Only way he doesn’t is our record. We will be stuck with him. Probably not traded at deadline because “can’t trade your new all star”. We will offer him a contract and no one will even compete with it. So just settle back and enjoy the vuch show cuz it ain’t going nowhere.

And so the story goes......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Vuch is gonna get in and he deserves it. Only way he doesn’t is our record. We will be stuck with him. Probably not traded at deadline because “can’t trade your new all star”. We will offer him a contract and no one will even compete with it. So just settle back and enjoy the vuch show cuz it ain’t going nowhere. 

And so the story goes......

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this became reality.

And Vuc IS going to be an all-star

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this became reality.

And Vuc IS going to be an all-star

He is and very deserving. The question is if he will get in as a Magic player. 

• Like 1