The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

It'll be interesting to see how we handle the PG situation because it just keeps becoming more and more of a glaring issue more so than it already has. The season just started so there could be some others that jump on the trade block, i feel like there is always a surprise every year.

41 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I feel like we’ll have a new PG in this team before the deadline. No clue who (it won’t be Ball) but it will be someone. 

Tyus Jones seems possible

I think we have a good chance in getting Tyreke Evans. He seems to be lost in that Indiana Rotation and just recently had a suspension due to been late for practice. 

He will be a great upgrade at the PG position and plays good defense as well. If we can somehow trade DJ for him. 

We have options for sure. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

But I own Millsap in my fantasy league....

Good luck with that. I checked Denver's forums and they know he has to go.

Also, Jokic plays zero defense.  Its significantly worse than Vuc. At least Vucevic is in shape.  

7 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Good luck with that. I checked Denver's forums and they know he has to go.

Also, Jokic plays zero defense.  Its significantly worse than Vuc. At least Vucevic is in shape.  

jaja! I have to deal with it. He should get better. He was out last year and he just need to get into the groove. In respect to Jokic, He is better than Vucevic. I have to say that the overall production is about the same this year(offensively and Defensively). Vucevic has really impress me so far and he is much better. Maybe the major problem with Vuc has been the line-ups over the years. Isaac is making him more stable and more committed in defense. The combination of Isaac and Gordon seems to be working well with him in the middle. I feel that Isaac is making him better. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think we have a good chance in getting Tyreke Evans. He seems to be lost in that Indiana Rotation and just recently had a suspension due to been late for practice. 

He will be a great upgrade at the PG position and plays good defense as well. If we can somehow trade DJ for him. 

We have options for sure. 

I’d like that experiment 

I'd take tyreke Evans in an instant if it stops us from being torched from point.  Even if it helps a little, I'd take him.  Package our 2k generic point guards.  

On 10/25/2018 at 7:47 AM, The Neighborhood Bully said:

It was spoken about at length before the season began, but this Orlando roster has a chance to be a top-10 defensive outfit and only improve in this area as the young core develops. This has turned out to be the case to begin the year, with the Magic currently sitting 11th in the league with a defensive rating of 106.8, per NBA.com.

Holding the Celtics under 100 points was another early season positive, with the Heat only reaching 101 points as well. Watch this end of the floor as the Magic continue to build their identity around their defense.

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/10/24/orlando-magic-4-observations-after-first-4-games-2018-19/2/

What a difference a couple of games makes.  Instead of going in the direction this article suggests, we've gone 180 degrees the other direction.  Orlando now 18th in the league with a defensive rating of 110.8.  Not much effort on that end of the floor in the last two games.

We should remember that some of our veterans always play well for the first few weeks of the season.  Then it seems like they get tired of playing after that.  May be happening a little earlier this year.  We'll see if Clifford can fix things.

Potentially easier opposition over the next few games could help, although:

1. None of the next three teams we're scheduled to play are under .500 at the time I'm writing this, and

2. It can be a double edged sword.  If you lose to a team that people think you should have a good chance against, especially if you lose badly, things can snowball.