The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I just want to add, if i was the Lakers i would be all in on Kemba.  If a superstar wing like Kwahi or Durant were available and wanted to come to the Lakers, they would be my first choice. However i don't see this happening. My back-up plan is  a veteran first option scorer, Lebron has needed one for YEARS NOW. He really hasn't had someone like that since the first two years of the Heatles. Kemba is perfect for the time-frame, Ball is too young. Kemba is an assassin, much like Lilliard ,Curry, and Harden. He is just a tier below them, but he is available! Imagine if they can swing a trade for a wing like Butler.

Kemba,Butler, Ingram, Lebron,Vucevic. Bench of Hart,Kuzma,Wagner and 3 more veterans who want a ring!!!

All of this is made possible by trading Ball to the Magic. 

And yes i would give up next years pick, top 8 protected.

But you forgot that Kemba is coming to O-Town!

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

But you forgot that Kemba is coming to O-Town!

Yeah, no doubt a few years ago. If we had kept Dipo  i would certainly want to add a Kemba to the line-up as we make a move from a fringe playoff team to an eastern conference contender. Alas that didn't happen. Ball fits our timeline now and basically over the next few years we could grow and see which one of our core  four actually becomes a star! 

33 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah, no doubt a few years ago. If we had kept Dipo  i would certainly want to add a Kemba to the line-up as we make a move from a fringe playoff team to an eastern conference contender. Alas that didn't happen. Ball fits our timeline now and basically over the next few years we could grow and see which one of our core  four actually becomes a star! 

I’m with you and would be delighted with Walker, Ball or Rozier.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

There's a 0% chance Walker comes here

Not zero. He likes Clifford. He spends the off-season here. 

It's probably like 7%

50 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trae vs Doncic round 1 was fun. Sloppy but intense and with a crazy plot twist

Well, I watched with the hopes of being impressed, but found the funniest thing................Vince Carter is playing for Atlanta, he is now officially older then the coaching staff! LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chosen12 said:

Well, I watched with the hopes of being impressed, but found the funniest thing................Vince Carter is playing for Atlanta, he is now officially older then the coaching staff! LOL

• Upvote 1

It was spoken about at length before the season began, but this Orlando roster has a chance to be a top-10 defensive outfit and only improve in this area as the young core develops. This has turned out to be the case to begin the year, with the Magic currently sitting 11th in the league with a defensive rating of 106.8, per NBA.com.

While this is a good start, it is clear they can and will get better as the season unfolds. They are also putting up this number despite getting nothing from starter Evan Fournier on this end (110.1) and starting Nikola Vucevic (111.3), who is known more for his offensive talent.

Rookie Mohamed Bamba, who has the potential to be the best defender in Orlando, hasn’t been unleashed properly (19.3 minutes per game) yet and is still raw in a lot of what he does.

Despite this, Orlando still has a defensive rating of 100.6 when he’s on the court. This would be the third-best mark in the entire league if applied to the Magic as a whole, and so you have to feel it is only a matter of time before Bamba sees more action.

Holding the Celtics under 100 points was another early season positive, with the Heat only reaching 101 points as well. Watch this end of the floor as the Magic continue to build their identity around their defense.

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/10/24/orlando-magic-4-observations-after-first-4-games-2018-19/2/