The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Reading a little more on this, some are reporting the Celtics cannot trade for Anthony Davis. What i'm reading between the lines is they can trade for Davis, but they cannot offer Kyrie and Davis max contracts because of the Rose Rule. It's very confusing.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Reading a little more on this, some are reporting the Celtics cannot trade for Anthony Davis. What i'm reading between the lines is they can trade for Davis, but they cannot offer Kyrie and Davis max contracts because of the Rose Rule. It's very confusing.

No. You can offer rookie guys bigger contracts if they meet a certain criteria. But you can only have one of those guys on your team at a time. Because both Davis and Kyrie got the special extension they can't be on the same team. So Boston can't trade for Davis until this summer when Kyrie opts out of his contract

3 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Look at NBA finals the last 30 years and tell me how many times one of their stars was a  player selected outside of the top five?  Start with the one Golden State title.

Why even play the games if you think the way to develop our players is to try to lose every single game until we luck into a superstar?   Just let them know at the start of the season that you’re conceding every game.  That would actually be a lot less harmful to the young players than what you’re proposing.  Haven’t we seen the results of building a team that’s designed to lose?

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Why even play the games if you think the way to develop our players is to try to lose every single game until we luck into a superstar?   Just let them know at the start of the season that you’re conceding every game.  That would actually be a lot less harmful to the young players than what you’re proposing.  Haven’t we seen the results of building a team that’s designed to lose?

Hey, any time you can rely on hitting a 14% chance at the top pick, while also relying on achieving that 14% chance in a relevant draft year with a superstar prospect, all while destroying the confidence of your rostered players to do it -- you've gotta do it. 

46 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We’re officially closer to the Hawks than the playoffs, now that the Hawks won in LAC

how depressing. 

12 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Good!  I hope we lose every f***ing game!  Tired of this bull sh*t!  Give me something to get excited about!!

Losing games sure is exciting.