The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Captain said:

So are we looking at a very realistic scenario or something that could happen?

It’s factual that Rozier isn’t happy with his PT. It’s factual that the Celtics have to many “guys”. It’s factual that they aren’t looking as good as they were last year. 

Geberally in situations like this a trade is on the horizon. But everything is essentially something that “could” happen. 

Also this summer there's three groups of point guards

1.older point guards with documented starting experience

2.Young point guards with potential but no real starting experience or high level production

3.Rozier 

So, just looking at tonight- we have a "winnable" game, but not necessarily a "game that we should win". It might be a good barometer for where we are. Fivethirtyeight gives us a 56% chance.

5 minutes ago, Odin said:

So, just looking at tonight- we have a "winnable" game, but not necessarily a "game that we should win". It might be a good barometer for where we are. Fivethirtyeight gives us a 56% chance.

Blake has been unbelievable even in losses. I'd give Detroit the 56%

and I'm still mad at Fivethirtyeight for making Portugal the favorites against Uruguay in the World Cup and we still lost

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Blake has been unbelievable even in losses. I'd give Detroit the 56%

and I'm still mad at Fivethirtyeight for making Portugal the favorites against Uruguay in the World Cup and we still lost

we all thought here that uruguay was going to reach semis. they had a really complete team. but they also had france on their way there and cavani got injured against your guys.

we need the win tonight. wishing gordon wins the battle of the griffins.

• Like 2

I really want us to trade Vooch while he’s playing pretty well, but I also believe it’ll sabotage our team in the short-term. Hmmm. Basketball problems 

10 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Thoughts on the NBA season so far:

1) I'm haven't been really disappointed with our team so far, but I'm only seeing highlights so maybe there is more there to worry about than I know. I like the fight against Cleveland and the surprising wins against the Spurs/Celtics. 

2) I'm worried about Isaac. I feel like he could be another Greg Oden: lots of talent, just can't stay healthy. I hope I'm wrong but man its hard to see him already missing games so early this year. 

3) I'm not sure what kind of moves we can make, but man this team needs a few vets that can still ball. I would love to jump in on the Jimmy Butler train, but I don't think we'd have a package to entice Minn enough to get him. Nothing we can offer is better than four 1st round picks that Houston offered. But I would love to see us get one or two guys who see the potential in a healthy Isaac, Gordon, Bamba combo. I guess the smart play is to go after Spencer Dinwiddie instead of overpaying for Rozier/Russell. Or Malcom Brogdon anyone?

I'm tired of having a semi-decent starting 5 with a really shallow bench. Of course if either of those were corrected, we wouldn't be in the lottery every year, but that's the struggle of being a "consistently" rebuilding team. 

I'd want to trade Vuc, Ross, DJ, Fournier for the best player(s) possible.

I'd want to keep Gordon, Isaac, Bamba, Simmons. I think Grant, Birch could be nice bench pieces.

I'd want to cut Mozgov, Martin.

I don't think we know what we have with Iwundu, Frazier, or Briscoe yet, depending on how they develop. I don't see Briscoe making it on this team unless he just starts outplaying DJ. 

Man what did Martin ever do to you lol

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I really want us to trade Vooch while he’s playing pretty well, but I also believe it’ll sabotage our team in the short-term. Hmmm. Basketball problems 

I know what you mean. I’d like to trade him bad too but I was a lot more optimistic about bamba being able to start at some point this season with birch backing him up at the beginning of the season than I am now. Maybe when mozgod comes back we can start him and tank while trading vuch. I salivate at the shot of possibly winning the lottery, drafting R.J. then signing kemba lol

I'm sorry but Rozier is not that good. I know options are limited but doesn't mean we have to overpay one that is mediocre. I am not giving up any of BIG or any our picks for Rozier and I am not giving him 16-20 mill a year.

I am not the biggest Dangelo Russell fan, but think I prefer him over Rozier. Definitely should cost less, Dinwiddie is another option I'm looking at.

10 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

we all thought here that uruguay was going to reach semis. they had a really complete team. but they also had france on their way there and cavani got injured against your guys.

we need the win tonight. wishing gordon wins the battle of the griffins.

I wanted to see Portugal vs Argentina in the Quarters for CR7 vs Messi, but both got beat

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Diplo said:

I'm sorry but Rozier is not that good. I know options are limited but doesn't mean we have to overpay one that is mediocre. I am not giving up any of BIG or any our picks for Rozier and I am not giving him 16-20 mill a year.

I am not the biggest Dangelo Russell fan, but think I prefer him over Rozier. Definitely should cost less, Dinwiddie is another option I'm looking at.

Dinwiddie is just as flawed as Rozier. 

Russell just might be bad

3 hours ago, Diplo said:

With Rozier you can give him the starting pg spot and see how he does before free agency. He sucks, don’t pay him.