The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If we ever give up 140 in regulation against a non-warriors team you guys might have to euthanize me. 

That’s the new norm in the nba. These scores are a joke. Like seriously a joke. I remember when scoring 100 was a good scoring night. Now it’s 140. Games are 100-95 in the third quarter. 

The amount of 120+ games seems out of control this year. But people love offense so I guess they’ll love watching. 

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I guess what I'm getting at is it's difficult to choose between waiting to sign a player vs trading for a possibly worse player now vs going after a "name" but ruining all future flexibility. 

Like hypothetically if you think Rozier is great do you just give up a season to wait to sign him even if there's no guarantee you'll get him? Do you trade for a worse prospect like Russell that you'd subsequently have to resign anyway? There's got to be some present day value calculations there. If wall is available do you trade for him knowing it's locking in your roster extremely early in Isaac and bambas career? But you're getting a "star" player locked up long term. 

It's obvious that they're targeting a specific point guard next summer as evidenced by their moves so far. It's obvious that our point guards are playing worse than they expected. At what point do you abandon your long term plan to for short term gains? Or do you just try to push through it?

I wouldn’t wait to sign Rozier. If you can make a move soon, do it.

I’m watching the Washington situation. If Wall becomes available? Only problem is he’s in the same conference. Teams generally don’t trade within the same conferences. Generally...

I'm looking at that Wall contract and his injury history and I think I'd rather take Rozier or Tyus for much cheaper. Phoenix will probably get one and we'll get the other (if we're smart)

10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm looking at that Wall contract and his injury history and I think I'd rather take Rozier or Tyus for much cheaper. Phoenix will probably get one and we'll get the other (if we're smart)

Man, I’m sorry but I just don’t get why some want to focus on guys who aren’t going to really tip the scales. I mean you question Wall’s contract and injuries but you don’t even question Rozier and his possible big pay day based on a playoff series? You don’t question Tyus’s role as more than likely being a career 6th or 7th man at best?

55 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I wouldn’t wait to sign Rozier. If you can make a move soon, do it.

I’m watching the Washington situation. If Wall becomes available? Only problem is he’s in the same conference. Teams generally don’t trade within the same conferences. Generally...

Yeah, he’s also in our division which makes it even less likely, but not impossible.

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, he’s also in our division which makes it even less likely, but not impossible.

Yup.

I would be temporarily happy if we just rid ourselves from Vuch, Fournier, and Augustin.

8 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

That’s the new norm in the nba. These scores are a joke. Like seriously a joke. I remember when scoring 100 was a good scoring night. Now it’s 140. Games are 100-95 in the third quarter. 

The amount of 120+ games seems out of control this year. But people love offense so I guess they’ll love watching. 

So, it seems to be mostly a pace based thing. The per-possession defense is basically just as good as it was last year based upon EFG% and TS% (52.1% EFG both this year and last year, 55.6% TS% last year vs 55.8% TS% this year.), but teams are averaging 3 more possessions per game. Average points per game is up 6 points per game vs. last year. If you look further back, teams have been becoming more efficient, however, pace has also been increasing to where teams are averaging almost 10 more possessions per game more than they were 10 years ago.

42 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Man, I’m sorry but I just don’t get why some want to focus on guys who aren’t going to really tip the scales. I mean you question Wall’s contract and injuries but you don’t even question Rozier and his possible big pay day based on a playoff series? You don’t question Tyus’s role as more than likely being a career 6th or 7th man at best?

Sure there are questions about all those players. I'd just rather take the Rozier/Tyus risk

I wouldn't be mad if we traded our vets for Wall, though. At least we'd be trying something

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yup.

I would be temporarily happy if we just rid ourselves from Vuch, Fournier, and Augustin.

Hell, with the gunslinger attitude Hammond and Weltman were supposed to have compared to how stagnant they’ve been with us, I’d settle for just one of the three being gone.

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

It's tough to match up and return value to them when he makes so little.

I know. I think our only hope for Brogdon is next summer.