magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

As your resident Kentucky basketball fan, let me just say Briscoe will be a interesting prospect to watch. 

When he was in Kentucky, he was either that bulldog-Marcus Smart-type player that would shut guards down and drive the lane and not let anyone stop him. 

or He was uninterested and would make baffling ball decisions, sometimes being too headstrong. 

I think his ceiling could be a better version of DJ. Here's hoping for the better! Now we just need our starting PG. Isaiah would still give us one of the shortest PG rotation ever but I'd at least feel better about the team. 

Here are some Briscoe highlights if you haven't seen him play

Just watched this. I know those guys he's up against are nowhere near NBA level but I'm a real sucker for fancy handles and ankle breakers and I'm praying he can bring some of that with him over here. 

Read both of these NBA Draft overviews of Briscoe:

http://www.nba.com/draft/2017/prospects/isaiah_briscoe#/

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/isaiah-briscoe

Whats the underlying theme?

He’s tough both mentally and physically. Chippy and plays with an edge. Leader. This is the kind of player I want more of on the magic. I have no clue if Briscoe sticks at all but I want guys that are gonna battle in practice the same way they’re gonna battle in games. Briscoe is that guy.

We need to continue to get rid of the soft players and change the culture of this franchise. Even if we’re never the most skilled team—let’s be the team other teams don’t enjoy playing. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

let’s be the team other teams don’t enjoy playing

true. this would be a major accomplishment alone this year. if we could get 21 less opponent career highs this year at home Id be stoked!

Romona Shelbourne was just asked on SC where IT might land. She then spent a full minute describing how it wouldn’t be the Lakers and mentioning 0 other teams. Lol

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Romona Shelbourne was just asked on SC where IT might land. She then spent a full minute describing how it wouldn’t be the Lakers and mentioning 0 other teams. Lol

That's that top shelf reporting right there ESPN.

I swear they've gotten rid of all of their talented reporters as soon as they moved to LA and out of Connecticut

1 minute ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

That's that top shelf reporting right there ESPN.

I swear they've gotten rid of all of their talented reporters as soon as they moved to LA and out of Connecticut

Yeah she is not good not sure why she is even on tv at all. 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yeah she is not good not sure why she is even on tv at all. 

She’s generally great, just found this specific interview to be rather lacking given the question posed.

The offseason moves all 30 NBA teams can still make

ORLANDO MAGIC

Summer transactions: Mohamed Bamba (draft), Melvin Frazier (draft), Justin Jackson (draft) and Aaron Gordon (four years, $84 million)

Cap-space breakdown

• The Magic were right at the cap when the offseason started and are now $3.7 million over after the Aaron Gordon signing.

• The Magic do have the flexibility to create room if needed because of the expiring contracts of Nikola Vucevic and Terrence Ross. Both players combine to earn $22.8 million in 2018-19.

Exceptions: $8.6 million (non-tax midlevel) and $3.4 million (biannual)

Current free agents: Arron Afflalo (non-Bird) and Mo Speights (non-Bird)

Players under contract: 12

Depth Chart 12

PG SG SF PF         C
D.J. Augustin E. Fournier J. Simmons A. Gordon N. Vucevic
  R. Purvis (NG) T. Ross J. Isaac M. Bamba
    W. Iwundu   B. Biyombo
        K. Birch
NG = Non-guaranteed contract        

Link

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23979291/every-deal-all-30-nba-teams-make-2018-free-agency