magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Reading around, seems like the 3 teams in talks with Lakers to get Ball were/are Orl, Mil, PHX. 

That's why I think things have been super quiet with us.

13 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Will we consider this to be a successful offseason if all we really do is draft Bamba, re-sign Gordon to his 4/84 contract, and sign IT to a 1-2 year deal? 

What grade would you give the offseason? 

B-, or maybe just an I(ncomplete)

18 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Will we consider this to be a successful offseason if all we really do is draft Bamba, re-sign Gordon to his 4/84 contract, and sign IT to a 1-2 year deal? 

What grade would you give the offseason? 

I would say B+. We were never making a big splash in free agency as we had no money. Getting Bamba was massive IMO. I’m pretty high On Frazier as well. 

Im still hopeful of a Vuch trade. 

15 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I would say B+. We were never making a big splash in free agency as we had no money. Getting Bamba was massive IMO. I’m pretty high On Frazier as well. 

Im still hopeful of a Vuch trade. 

The off-season grade is more tied to Vuc still being on the team

36 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

B-, or maybe just an I(ncomplete)

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The off-season grade is more tied to Vuc still being on the team

Exactly

My season ticket holder friend who knows the secretary to the office where the GMs work hypothesizes that the hold up on IT is that they are trying to work out a sign and trade that could allow IT a multi year deal.  The Magic will do it if it gets rid of a bad contract (Biz).  They don't want to use Vuc on this deal for some reason.  Magic want a one year deal, but IT is hesitant. My source has been found to be reliable in the past.  Mathematically I don't know who we'd absorb to rid of Biz.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

My season ticket holder friend who knows the secretary to the office where the GMs work hypothesizes that the hold up on IT is that they are trying to work out a sign and trade that could allow IT a multi year deal.  The Magic will do it if it gets rid of a bad contract (Biz).  They don't want to use Vuc on this deal for some reason.  Magic want a one year deal, but IT is hesitant. My source has been found to be reliable in the past.  Mathematically I don't know who we'd absorb to rid of Biz.

We don't need the Lakers to S&T to get IT on a multi-year deal unless we're planning on paying him more than $8.5M/year. And why would we do that? Who are we bidding against for his services? The Lakers are moving in the totally opposite direction of taking on long-term bad contracts too, so no way they do it with Biz. They want expiring deals for next summer. 

17 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I know you're just messing around but the Lakers renounced Thomas

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I know you're just messing around but the Lakers renounced Thomas

Oh good - everyone with all these sources. I was starting to feel left out.