magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Eh. He'll float around for several years. He's good enough to play. He's just not a starter and not valued. 

Skiles was right. lol. 

30 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Payton is 1 year, 2.7M

That is damn cheap! Nice signing for Pelicans, I am happy for Payton that he gets to play in his hometown now

33 minutes ago, Odin said:

Ok... And? Phoenix isn't cutting him and we aren't getting Okobo.

Chill bro. He is someone I like and getting to know more.

8 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

I love California. Born and raised here. No desire to leave.

Thanks! Yea, I've been around here for quite awhile. Used to post under a different name, then when the boards moved here, I used this name. Haven't been as frequent a poster over recent years tho. Was a more active poster probably from about '05 to '10 or so.

Short of it: Blame Shaq lol

Born and raised in the Bay Area in the 80's and 90's, and since the Warriors sucked at that time and Jordan was king, everyone was a Bulls fan. No family ties to any teams, as basketball isn't big in my family, so nothing that really tied me to the Warriors, and I didn't want to be a Bulls fan, since that's what everyone else was doing, so I ended up venturing towards the Magic, since with Shaq they were kind of the new, young up and coming "cool" team that wasn't Jordan and the Bulls. Then Penny came along, and I was all in. Being in Warriors country, I didn't get to watch a lot of regular season games, so mostly just got to follow them through the sports page, video games, and playoffs. Eventually I was able to follow them more closely with the internet, and now with all the various streaming services and stuff it's made it much easier to keep up with what's happening and follow them more closely like I can and do with my local 49ers and Giants.

Ah-h-h. . .Thanks Franchise408 for responding to my question. I was curious because I had only seen 2 or 3 posts from you and your location is California, so I thought you were fairly new to the board. I see that you have been a member of this board for awhile. Again, thanks, and I am happy you are a member of the TBN family.

Go Magic!!!!

3 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

That is damn cheap! Nice signing for Pelicans, I am happy for Payton that he gets to play in his hometown now

He even has the logo tattoo. It's the logo for the New Orleans Hornets though.

Just now, jjgator said:

He even has the logo tattoo. It's the logo for the New Orleans Hornets though.

Yeah, I remember seeing that but maybe he should change it to Pelicans now, haha

4 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I did not know that Jameer got traded to the Pistons but it sucks to him he gets to live in a ****ty state

He's an UFA right now, so who knows where he goes; maybe even back to Orlando on a vet minimum?

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/01/grades-aaron-gordon-stays-orlando-magic-four-year-deal-nba-free-agency

A C- grade seems pretty harsh since we signed Gordon to a team friendly contract, but I agree the BIG fit is not ideal.

What's wrong with the BIG fit?

You have Bamba at 5, Gordon and 4, and Isaac on the wing at 3?

It might not be a great tandem offensively, but I don't see any reason why they all can't play together at the same time.

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

Not re-signing your rising 22yo PF because you have Nik Vucevic on a 1 year deal

I know I said I like Vuc, but even I don't like him that much lol.

7 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Ah-h-h. . .Thanks Franchise408 for responding to my question. I was curious because I had only seen 2 or 3 posts from you and your location is California, so I thought you were fairly new to the board. I see that you have been a member of this board for awhile. Again, thanks, and I am happy you are a member of the TBN family.

Go Magic!!!!

No problem! Easy to see that, considering that like I said I'm under a new name and don't post here frequently. But I'm happy to be here! Even though I find myself disagreeing with the rest of the Magic fandom on a lot... LOT of topics lol.

Just now, jmmagicfan said:

He's an UFA right now, so who knows where he goes; maybe even back to Orlando on a vet minimum?

While he is a shell of his former self, I would love to see Jameer come home. One of my all time favorite Magic players.

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

It would be nice but I doubt it but I would like to see him coming back to Magic as assistant coach after he retires

I’ll take Jameer back as an assistant coach if he’s trying to break into that field but him as a player it’s a hard no for me.