magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

What about Kyle Anderson for the Magic? 

He's long, can play some back up 4, can handle the ball and distribute. He's not athletic at all but he could allow you to run some no PG lineups which would be useful since we currently only have 1.

Another guy that can't shoot, but at least he plays team basketball

What a weird FA year. There isn’t enough cap room to go around for these decent players/prospects because of all the bad contracts out there and the delayed rise of the cap. And yet guys like McDermott, Ilyasova, and Harris are getting decent deals. If all these RFAs take QOs, the FA market will be flush again next summer. 

Smart to keep our powder dry as the number of teams with space to maneuver decreases, knowing there will be good talent available and less competition as free agency progresses. 

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

I understand.

I see it as :

Vuch / Bomba/ biz

Gordon / JI/ birch

Ross / Rookie / Rookie 

Evan / Simmons/ Wes 

DJ /

Unless we trade, I don't see us signing much after pgs 

Hold up, you see Vuc starting over Bamba and Ross starting over Isaac jeez I hope you don't secretly work on the coaching staff lol

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

A lot of minutes at the wing positions, good match with Porzingis and Ntilikina

It's a good fit for him. He's gonna blow up there.

• Like 1

I think the biggest downfall of this whole Henny, Vogel era was believeing that Vuc and Fournier were our Franchise players. We should have let them go a long time ago and developed, Tobias, Mo, Dipo, Mario with guys like JI and Bamba, hell I actually believe that Payton would have played a lot better without Fournier and Vuc. 

One possibility we haven't thought about and I am not gung ho on this but it's an idea, what about offering Payton a 1 year contract on the cheap, maybe his haircut and being on 2 teams that didn't believe in him will ignite a fire in him. 

4 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

One possibility we haven't thought about and I am not gung ho on this but it's an idea, what about offering Payton a 1 year contract on the cheap, maybe his haircut and being on 2 teams that didn't believe in him will ignite a fire in him. 

I am still hopefull that phoenix match any offer to keep Payton and cut Okobo from their roster so we can hire him. 

19 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am still hopefull that phoenix match any offer to keep Payton and cut Okobo from their roster so we can hire him. 

Payton is unrestricted and Okobo agreed to like a 4 year contract the day after the draft.  So none of what you said can happen.

25 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Either one is not happening, Payton is restricted and Okobo signed a 4 year deal but maybe Magic will pick up Okobo in 4 years but do not hold your breath on it

19 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Either one is not happening, Payton is restricted and Okobo signed a 4 year deal but maybe Magic will pick up Okobo in 4 years but do not hold your breath on it

Dude do u even read. The post right before u says Payton is unrestricted and if u did any research at all u would know this.

U are a troll or epically ignorant. 

I am saying what 99% of the rest of us are thinking. Just go away. Please. 

• Like 1