magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I wasn't open to it. I mentioned that Kevin O'Connor said he spoke to an NBA person who thought schroder could be better than advertised as he's only 23 (though he's actually almost 25 so that might screw up their philosophy) so I might be wrong. 

But I looked at his career again today and I can't really find the bright spot. You can't use the "maybe on a better team" argument because he's been on better teams and his numbers never really change. 

Yeah he's not someone I'd be heavily investing in.

Is there a case for Napier since we discuss stop gaps? Is he worth bringing back?

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah he's not someone I'd be heavily investing in.

Is there a case for Napier since we discuss stop gaps? Is he worth bringing back?

There's a case for Shabazz but it depends on money and years. He might be someone we say "ok there's not a ton of money out there and we need an upside play so let's give you the full mle for one year and you can showcase for next summer. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Also I think "Gordon at 3" would have worked better if Gordon actually shot the ball like he did last year, ibaka would have attacked closeouts like Isaac can, and vucevic didn't occupy the same space. 

Gordon at "3" can't work playing a slow center and a slow traditional 4/5 at the same time. But Gordon at "3" can work with Isaac also in the same mold where he might be a 3 or might be a 4 depending on what they want to do that play. 

I am looking forward to seeing the evolution of our team especially with Bamba in the middle.  If Bamba can stay in the block, through different moves and quickness, without getting pushed out, other teams will have to  monitor where he is at for lobs/rebounding, etc.  And AG and Isaac may get looks on offense they have never seen before.  I am optimistic his defensive presence will be immediate.  Not just blocking shots but altering shots that result in misses may be just as important.  I could see Gordon and Isaac being interchangeable at 3 and 4 and teams having difficulting defending them when they are on the court at the same time.  There will have to be some growing pains but I see a foundation for the future.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's a case for Shabazz but it depends on money and years. He might be someone we say "ok there's not a ton of money out there and we need an upside play so let's give you the full mle for one year and you can showcase for next summer. 

Isn't the issue with Napier that his skillset is basically that of a small SG instead of a PG?

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think you are right for FVV of Toronto. I want someone who can shoot already.  Just read the Spurs have interest in him also.  We will probably be a day late and a dollar short.

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I never really know if sportando guys are just making guesses or not. 

For a team that, according to Weltmann last summer, did not want to add too many young players, it sure looks like a lot different this summer.  I love the direction and potential of these "young guys"

13 minutes ago, Odin said:

Isn't the issue with Napier that his skillset is basically that of a small SG instead of a PG?

Eh. I mean anecdotally he's always been an alright passer and he can run an offense he just calls his number a lot and is often put in that role. 

The problem is investing in him. You don't want to bet long term on him. He's small so his ceiling is low. He's worked his ass off to get to this point but he's pretty close to maxing his potential. 

Good article about Bamba and his passing ability. Read about his pros and cons.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/03/05/breaking-mohamed-bambas-passing-ability/

I didn't know he had this in his bag. Makes him a more interesting prospect. And I'll say this, outside of Luka, he should've been top 3 pick. We got a steal. I can't wait to see him in summer league. Hopefully all this hype is confirmed.

11 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not remember Wall having a ego? I doubt Howard wants to go back to a division rival again 

Dwights played on half the divisions in the league now...

54 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I never really know if sportando guys are just making guesses or not. 

Well i mean thats the next step for g league guys so omIm sure the magic are sellinf the potential to them if nothing substantial comes from free agency or a trade