Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He won't get Jordan comps. Curry is a completely different player than the Pinnacle players. He'll be in the same conversation as Duncan, Kobe, and magic. 

Any player that gets 6 rings will be compared to Jordan, there is dumb fans out there....

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

They led by like 11 points at half time by driving to the basket and taking good three point shots. I'd love to know the reason why they changed tactic in the third quarter to try and out shoot the Warriors. Had they continued to grind it out like they did in the first half they would have probably won that game, but by changing tactic and missing all those threes they cost themselves a finals place. You can't afford to come away with that many empty possessions against the Warriors, in fact most teams to some extent would have taken advantage of the Rockets stupidity. They only started to go back to what they did in the first half when they had fallen behind, by that point it was a lost cause.

I'm not going to suggest that game was fixed like some fans have, but the Rockets certainly did throw away victory with their stupidity. Their head coach needs to rethink his tactics and Harden needs to take a long look at himself because without Chris Paul he doesn't seem able to carry that team to the next level. In fact Gordon showed more fight in the second half than Harden, especially towards the end. 

Just going to throw this out there, but anyone think Chris Paul will walk in free agency?

Interesting. Sounds like Harden and the Rockets coach were in a deal or something. I’ve always believed the nba is rigged. Maybe I’m right. Maybe I’m wrong. Either way something smells fishy.

24 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Interesting. Sounds like Harden and the Rockets coach were in a deal or something. I’ve always believed the nba is rigged. Maybe I’m right. Maybe I’m wrong. Either way something smells fishy.

I agree with you that the NBA is rigged. There is sooooo much money involved, ratings, advertising, endorsements, etc. With the Rockets already winning there were 4 calls in a short period of time that were so obvious. Harden should have been shooting 3 free throws on 3 of them and had an and 1 on the made bank shot when he was clearly fouled on the way up. The announcers even commented on each of them that they were obviously bad calls and the replays showed the same. I didn't have a horse in the race so I didn't care who won making my opinion totally unbiased.

I actually went back to watch the game and i could argue that golden state should have shot more freethrows.  Especialky Durant.  Curry, of course, shot not a single freethrows. Durant and Curry get undercut allot, Curry has scars from being scratched off the ball so many times. 

I also noticed a narrative of the commentary was focused primarily on pushing houston and magnifying their fouls rather than golden states. I fell into that trap. 

Harden tried to control the game with his garbage tendency to use antics for fouls.  It was one of Dans tatics. The NBA refs were not having it.  It would have led towards the quality degradation of the match.  This is truly why i never repsected hardens skill since 20 to 30.percent of his points.come from freethrows.  

Because Harden was not rewarded for looking for fouls to bail him out, the Rockets lost all momentum.  That was their last game plan to sustain the lead.  They had nothing else. No plays to run.  No defensive strategy.   Just a chuck fest. 

So I think the game was fair but so many fans wanted golden state to lose because it guaranteed lebron's demise in the finals.  I wonder how many players they'll try to suspend this time.  As you all know, lebron deserves all titles and no one else.  

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Ariza was a shell of his former self on offense, and Curry, Klay and KD decided to activate god mode. They hit some unbelievable shots

Good Stuff, Mauro and others.      So can we have a group hug?. . .

Like This? > > >47h2uv.png

Or A Magical One Like This . . .   

XOb8x2.png

If the game was rigged Klay wouldn't have gotten 3 fouls in the first few minutes. A couple of them could have easily been not given. 

25 minutes ago, The Boss said:

If the game was rigged Klay wouldn't have gotten 3 fouls in the first few minutes. A couple of them could have easily been not given. 

Not necessarily. For the conspiracy theorists out there the non-calls on Harden in the third quarter on those three point attempts are "evidence" that the game was rigged for the Warriors. I personally don't see it that way. The Rockets got their tactics wrong in the second half and that's what cost them, not the refs. But hey some people do look for things that aren't there when something doesn't go their way.

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

But hey some people do look for things that aren't there when something doesn't go their way.

That's true. Next they will be suggesting that the rings were stiffer at one end and were swapped around during dark qtr time and 3 qtr time entertainment. It's the only way good shooters can miss 28 3s in a row right?

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Not necessarily. For the conspiracy theorists out there the non-calls on Harden in the third quarter on those three point attempts are "evidence" that the game was rigged for the Warriors. I personally don't see it that way. The Rockets got their tactics wrong in the second half and that's what cost them, not the refs. But hey some people do look for things that aren't there when something doesn't go their way.

As blatant as those non calls were along with waving off the made 3 and 1 and calling it a foul on the floor, how do YOU explain it? Again I didn't care who won the game but IMO there is no excuse for calls and non calls that bad. These refs were supposed to be the best in the business and it cost the Rockets a potential 13 points in a very short period of time. And yes I agree the Rockets used the wrong tactics, they got away from what was working.

15 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

As blatant as those non calls were along with waving off the made 3 and 1 and calling it a foul on the floor, how do YOU explain it? Again I didn't care who won the game but IMO there is no excuse for calls and non calls that bad. These refs were supposed to be the best in the business and it cost the Rockets a potential 13 points in a very short period of time. And yes I agree the Rockets used the wrong tactics, they got away from what was working.

Just stop it!

NKARFt.jpg