Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

Both of those teams had absolutely atrocious execution down the stretch.

22 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Huh? Naw, sweetie, you assume too much. Maybe you should have dug a little deeper into why I still have MJ's slam dunk poster. What happened was, as a classroom teacher and club sponsor, my club members sponsored a contest as a fund raiser. There were giveaways, such as ORLANDO MAGIC t-shirts, Magic mini basketballs, and other sports related items INCLUDING the MJ poster -- all of which I paid for out of MY Pocket. The MJ poster was one of the items left over after the contest was over. So, that is why I still have it. 

No, I am not in the habit of acquiring posters of all the players in the league I dislike the most. I'm into a number of different sports. Let me give you an example. I have been a long time fan and follower of the Florida State Seminoles since back in the day of Deion Sanders and definitely before Bobby Bowden arrived as the Coach. So, if Florida State lost to the Gators, I would watch Gator Games, in which FSU was not the opponent, so as to cheer against the Gators in hopes that they would lose. And, no, I do not have an Emmett Smith or Tim Tebow poster/tshirt. I liked Emmett Smith though when he played in the pros with the Dallas Cowboys that use to be my favorite NFL team. I now pull for Tampa Bay.  

You are reaching way too hard.         A6EZYB.png

this was so classy Im all but speechless with smiles 

On 4/29/2018 at 11:01 PM, magicblue said:

Then you acknowledge you might need some professional help

No. I don't I acknowlege that you need to look meet more people out of your social class.  Acknowlege that you need to read the intentions of people better especially when i, unlike you, study this ****. Apply different philosphies, contexts, perspectives.  Listen harder and think *****ing harder.  

I want you to look up cosmic nihilism and see how i truly think about your damn professional help.  I look at the details; micro and.macro.  

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Because he didn’t want to be right

Exactly.  But im not.pissed since i knew what to expect.  Im just pissed that its predictable and still, the east hasnt adjusted in almost.a decade even though the cavs are terribly predictable and that the guideline to winning has already been given in the 2014 finals.  And yet here we are.  

Huge choke job by the Raptors. Their shot creating and making disappeared down the stretch. Also Lebron needs to get tired at some point in his career, right? Geez

3 hours ago, ~O~ said:

No. I don't I acknowlege that you need to look meet more people out of your social class.  Acknowlege that you need to read the intentions of people better especially when i, unlike you, study this ****. Apply different philosphies, contexts, perspectives.  Listen harder and think *****ing harder.  

I want you to look up cosmic nihilism and see how i truly think about your damn professional help.  I look at the details; micro and.macro.  

Sorry, I was under the illusion that this was a basketball message board not a philosophy seminar. You are a very special person indeed. Not that any of this really matters in the grand scheme of the cosmos and all, right? Lol!!!!!

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

Sorry, I was under the illusion that this was a basketball message board not a philosophy seminar. You are a very special person indeed. Not that any of this really matters in the grand scheme of the cosmos and all, right? Lol!!!!!

Hey my wife gets that magazine :)

6 hours ago, magicblue said:

Deflection.  

11 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Exactly.  But im not.pissed since i knew what to expect.  Im just pissed that its predictable and still, the east hasnt adjusted in almost.a decade even though the cavs are terribly predictable and that the guideline to winning has already been given in the 2014 finals.  And yet here we are.  

In the past decade the east have won four titles to the wests six titles. The East have won 26 games in those finals to the West's 30 wins. That's hardly domination in the finals. Sure there have probably been more stronger teams out west than east, but in a sense that doesn't matter because what ultimately matters is who wins the NBA title.

If you take it back to the new millennium, then that does show that the West have won twelve titles to the east's six titles, but these sorts of runs happen in most decades. The 1990s saw seven titles go east compared to three titles going West. The 1980s saw five titles go both ways. The 1970s was six to the east, four to the west. 

So since 1970 that's 24 eastern champions to 24 western champions. This year will see one side go ahead, it wouldn't surprise me if it's a team from the West, but we've seen the power swap conferences before and there's no reason why it can't or won't happen again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

Deflection of what? Dumb it down for me

You're wasting your time. Us simpletons couldn't possibly understand.