Sign in to follow this  
Magicpassion

Who’s our point guard of the future?

I pinned this topic because I think it’s worth pinning :). Second, if we don’t draft a top PG, I really believe VanFleet will be our starting PG next year. His advanced numbers are through the roof, and our President of BBall Ops knows him well. Kudos to P4TW for the earlier call.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I pinned this topic because I think it’s worth pinning :). Second, if we don’t draft a top PG, I really believe VanFleet will be our starting PG next year. His advanced numbers are through the roof, and our President of BBall Ops knows him well. Kudos to P4TW for the earlier call.

Isn’t he only like 5’11”?

6 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I think anytime a player chooses the #23, 21, or 3, I have to look at them for a second. there's an assumed mentality or posturing there. 

I get 23, but 21 or 3?

25 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Tim Duncan Kevin Garnett Joel Embiid 

Allen Iverson, Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade

Come on.. Embiid? Dudes still a kid. With the exception of maybe Iverson (because he was a hero of kids growing up) none of the others are seen as 'OMG he's wearing that dudes number' by the general fan.

44 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Come on.. Embiid? Dudes still a kid. With the exception of maybe Iverson (because he was a hero of kids growing up) none of the others are seen as 'OMG he's wearing that dudes number' by the general fan.

I don't think you understand, Embiid wears 21 to honor KG and Duncan, Wade and Paul wore 3 to honor Allen. And I'm not talking about general fans, whatever that entails, but life long fans of the game that would be able to theorize on such patterns.

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I don't think you understand, Embiid wears 21 to honor KG and Duncan, Wade and Paul wore 3 to honor Allen. And I'm not talking about general fans, whatever that entails, but life long fans of the game that would be able to theorize on such patterns.

Yeah but I don't think anyone looks at say someone playing for Detroit wearing number 3, and thinks he must be wearing it because of Iverson.

Just now, The Boss said:

Yeah but I don't think anyone looks at say someone playing for Detroit wearing number 3, and thinks he must be wearing it because of Iverson.

If they were a guard I might make the correlation, but at the end of the day I'm not just anyone so I don't really have an argument there