Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

94 million reasons why I say no to that.

There are no Lebrons in this draft.

Who cares about the money? You aren’t paying it. We aren’t gonna be good next year or the year after. We won’t be spending on free agents till after Parsons contract is off the books anyways a long with Biz. 

Also, idk why you guys keep saying 94 million. He has 2 years left on a 94 million dollar deal. Meaning over 50 million is already paid for. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Who cares about the money? You aren’t paying it. We aren’t gonna be good next year or the year after. We won’t be spending on free agents till after Parsons contract is off the books anyways a long with Biz. 

Also, idk why you guys keep saying 94 million. He has 2 years left on a 94 million dollar deal. Meaning over 50 million is already paid for. 

"You ain't paying for it" is not a good enough reason to be financially stupid.

At some point in the nearer future we want to be players in the FA market. Why in the hell do you want to limit yourself by strapping yourself to a huge contract where the player can't even sniff the arena because of injuries, in the same year we're looking at possibly giving one of our own close to if not a actual max contract and still have Biz's contracts on the books?

2 hours ago, Diplo said:

What is their top 5?

1.Ayton

2.Bagley

3.Jackson

4.Doncic

5.Bamba

6.Carter

7.Porter

8.Young

9.Knox

10.Mikal

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

At some point in the nearer future we want to be players in the FA market. Why in the hell do you want to limit yourself by strapping yourself to a huge contract where the player can't even sniff the arena because of injuries, in the same year we're looking at possibly giving one of our own close to if not a actual max contract and still have Biz's contracts on the books?

Well his bad contract is basically subsidized by a significantly better player on a contract that is significantly cheaper

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Biz and Parsons expire the same year. That’s $40M in expiring contracts for trades in one year or cap space for free agents in 2 years. You get all that cap room before you have to pay your rookies their second contract meaning AG could be the only significant deal on our payroll. That is a great situation to be in. In does not matter that Parsons won’t contribute to wins in the next two seasons if that’s the cost for a future all-star on a rookie deal. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

like Weltman said, it's not often you pick so high in such a deep draft so you just kind of have to go BPA and go from there.

Fascinating draft and we have to trust Weltman knows who the BPA is.  We all have opinions but his is the only one that counts.  I hope he stays with BPA and does not cave in to go safe.  

32 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

You should read my post again. 

Parsons is off the books at the same time we would actually be able to sign a good free agent. The same summer Biz comes off the books. Do you really think Parsons is gonna derail this teams future plans the next 2 years?

Idk how or why this is so hard for you to grasp.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Biz and Parsons expire the same year. That’s $40M in expiring contracts for trades in one year or cap space for free agents in 2 years. You get all that cap room before you have to pay your rookies their second contract meaning AG could be the only significant deal on our payroll. That is a great situation to be in. In does not matter that Parsons won’t contribute to wins in the next two seasons if that’s the cost for a future all-star on a rookie deal. 

Thank you!!!!!!! 

17 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I would only take Parsons if we get both 4 and 6 this year and I make next year's pick top 8 protected.  We are doing them a  big enough favor taking Parsons.  Make them decide how bad they want to get rid of Parsons.  By the way if we do that how does Porter and Young sound at 4 and 6???  lol.  I had to say that because it would cause so many people on this site to go ballistic!!!!

52 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Evan and Ross works and makes more sense given they have Gasol and might actually be trying to win games next year. 

true

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I would only take Parsons if we get both 4 and 6 this year and I make next year's pick top 8 protected.  We are doing them a  big enough favor taking Parsons.  Make them decide how bad they want to get rid of Parsons.  By the way if we do that how does Porter and Young sound at 4 and 6???  lol.  I had to say that because it would cause so many people on this site to go ballistic!!!!

I'd be happy as a hog in slop

9 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Fascinating draft and we have to trust Weltman knows who the BPA is.  We all have opinions but his is the only one that counts.  I hope he stays with BPA and does not cave in to go safe.  

You're right....

Trae Young.