Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

13 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

2mfniuu.gif

No less crazy than Isaiah Thomas, Jimmy Butler, Nikola jokic, Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry, Gilbert arenas. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think this is an overrated problem for who we are now. Why chase the most difficult thing to find and ruin opportunities to get good players when it's not something we need to solve today? We have Isaac, we have Gordon. Keep adding talented players that add to their talent and worry about primary scorer later. The way primary scorers come out of nowhere sometime like Butler or you trade for oladipo and he suddenly transforms into a first option or you draft an ok power forward from the mountain West conference in the middle of the first round and he turns out to be Kawhi Leonard. Gordon or Isaac or Bamba or Johnathan Simmons or Fred VanVleet might just suddenly become a primary scorer. 

Simmons wouldn't mind.

I'm digging the idea of having a AG/JI/Bamba frontcourt.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Simmons wouldn't mind.

At the very least it would be extremely interesting to watch and unique to the league. Sometimes I feel like a good chunk of the teams in the league are too similar. That's why I like Portland 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

At the very least it would be extremely interesting to watch and unique to the league. Sometimes I feel like a good chunk of the teams in the league are too similar. That's why I like Portland 

Pelicans say hi

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know what you're trying to say here

Pelicans are fairly unique too.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Or it could be awful to watch offensively.

But yeah, I see where it might interesting too.

5 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Simmons wouldn't mind.

I would love that because I think we are two years away.  Isaac plus this year's pick  plus next year's pick will all be on rookie wage scale salaries the summer of 2019-2020 and that summer is, even after singing sign Gordon, when we will have money available to sign a good FA (close to max salary money if we are smart).  That would give us Gordon/Isaac/Bamba plus next years first round pick (will probably be a lottery pick) plus a good free agent and we are off and running!!  That does not even include our two second round picks this year.  Yes it will take a little time but I think our future looks very bright!!!

• Upvote 1

My worst case scenario...

2018 NBA Mock Draft

1. Phoenix Suns: Deandre Ayton, C, Arizona

2. Memphis Grizzlies: Luka Doncic, SG, Slovenia

3. Dallas Mavericks: Mohamed Bamba, C, Texas

4. Atlanta Hawks: Jaren Jackson Jr., PF/C, Michigan State

5. Orlando Magic: Marvin Bagley III, PF/C, Duke

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771982-2018-nba-mock-draft-prospects-facing-major-fall-down-draft-boards

17 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Yeah...that would suck but considering our luck lately it really wouldn't surprise me. I think if it played out this way we'd have to seriously consider rolling the dice on Trae Young