Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

57 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dude you're getting way too excited about losing. There are no guarantees on any pick. 

We're going to end up with like the 7th pick

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I agree that those are the risks, but our team needs a genius offensive player at the point because the coaches certainly haven't shown the ability to build a competent offense. It would be great to have Steve Nash 2.0 here. I think it would help us more than a big man. If he becomes a bust, at least we shot for the stars

Yeah. I just mean its not out of the realm of possibilities that he ends up among the greatest point guards of all time but it also wouldn't be shocking if he was jj barea-ish. 

He shouldn't be having this season.   teams should have solved him by now.  I just have no idea how to project him because there's never been a player like him before. 

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah. I just mean its not out of the realm of possibilities that he ends up among the greatest point guards of all time but it also wouldn't be shocking if he was jj barea-ish. 

He shouldn't be having this season.   teams should have solved him by now.  I just have no idea how to project him because there's never been a player like him before. 

Has there ever been a player who's produced the way he has, gets drafted and absolutely stinks?

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Has there ever been a player who's produced the way he has, gets drafted and absolutely stinks?

Bo Kimble but he played for Loyola Marymount avg 35 his last season but only 1.5 assists. 

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Jimmer i guess.  

J.R Rider was similar. 

But almost rarely if ever freshmen put up big numbers.  And they never do it in big programs.  Its usually a small school guy that's just better than his peers but never facing nba type players.  

Thats why this is weird 

36 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Jimmer i guess.  

J.R Rider was similar. 

But almost rarely if ever freshmen put up big numbers.  And they never do it in big programs.  Its usually a small school guy that's just better than his peers but never facing nba type players.  

Thats why this is weird 

Yeah. He's a freshman who's at a good size school putting up monster numbers. Not just in points but assists as well.

26 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah. He's a freshman who's at a good size school putting up monster numbers. Not just in points but assists as well.

And is short and below average athleticism.  

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dude you're getting way too excited about losing. There are no guarantees on any pick. 

No there isn't, but the top 5 projected picks look a lot better than the later picks do. There are a few guys that probably could have an immediate impact on our team. We need to get lucky in this draft and get 1 of them or we can expect another year of what we are looking at this season. We have sucked for a very long time and really haven't done much of anything to fix that. I have been a loyal Magic fan since '89 but if we trot the same starting 5 out again next year I am so done with this team.

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

And is short and below average athleticism.  

And is the closest thing I have seen to Steph Curry in any prospect. The guy is fearless at pulling up from anywhere and has a very quick release. One of the best PGs I ever played with was only 5'8" but he was almost flawless at getting the ball to guys at the right spot and could shoot lights out from anywhere. His shooting alone won us a lot of games and I don't remember him ever having a bad shooting game. Because of his height he was somewhat of a liability in man coverage but he was excellent at steering his man toward a bigger defender.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Anyone else watching Young tonight? Looks very small and quite average.

Yes I'm watching him.. He does look small... His passing has impressed me. Still half the game left

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Anyone else watching Young tonight? Looks very small and quite average.

Born: September 19, 1998 (age 19), Lubbock, TX
Height: 6′ 2″
Weight: 181 lbs

He's 1-2" shorter than Payton and 4 pounds lighter.