Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Yeah but they play us here on 3/24 and I see Payton having a career day against us leading his Suns to victory just to show us what we are missing!!!!!

We are in 4th by ourselves. I would be very happy if we did not move out of that slot unless it is down :D

• Upvote 1

The Bridges are playing really well. Porter with a decent Double Double, Sexton finished strong and people are forgetting Doncic. 

I think we will be ok. If we stay at 4, we will likely take Bagley or JJJ. Unless Doncic drops. 

I also like Devonte Graham with our first 2nd round pick or Kurucs( He is compared to Hezonja). I saw Kuruc play and really has similar game. WIll not be bad to have if we loose Mario in free agency. 

With our second second round pick, I like Trier or Mushidi(like him a lot!! 19 year old 6'5 with a 7'0 wing span. Good court vision, ball handling and a Great defender and hustle guy)

8 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

You guys know how many 3pt shots Payton has made this month?

One more than anyone on this board.

LOL! see, we ain't got no business talking about his shot, he makes more 3s than any of us

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We are in 4th by ourselves. I would be very happy if we did not move out of that slot unless it is down :D

my blood pressure agrees

5 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

The Bridges are playing really well. Porter with a decent Double Double, Sexton finished strong and people are forgetting Doncic. 

I think we will be ok. If we stay at 4, we will likely take Bagley or JJJ. Unless Doncic drops. 

I also like Devonte Graham with our first 2nd round pick or Kurucs( He is compared to Hezonja). I saw Kuruc play and really has similar game. WIll not be bad to have if we loose Mario in free agency. 

With our second second round pick, I like Trier or Mushidi(like him a lot!! 19 year old 6'5 with a 7'0 wing span. Good court vision, ball handling and a Great defender and hustle guy)

In recent years we've tended to pick one spot away from getting a special player:

- 2014: Joel Embiid went 3rd overall

- 2015: Kristaps Porzingis went 4th overall

I guess an argument could be made for De'Aaron Fox over Jonathan Isaac but it is too early to tell. 

The beauty of this year's draft is that there is arguably a legitimate top eight prospects right now in Ayton, Jackson, Bamba, Bagley, Porter, Mikal Bridges, Trae Young, and Doncic. Granted some of those players you would feel more comfortable selecting fourth overall than some of them (e.g. I'd be happy with Mikal Bridges at eight but fourth seems a bit high), but at four we should have some pretty good options. I do have a concern over how we would handle playing Porter/Bagley with Isaac and Gordon, but in our situation we should just draft the best player available and worry about how they fit later on. However, if Doncic does fall because he's European and not got the tournament exposure, I would love to see him line up in a Magic uniform later this year. 

14 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

You guys know how many 3pt shots Payton has made this month?

One more than anyone on this board.

He’s been really bad in Phoenix, especially his shooting (23 3PT%) and defense (-17 NETRTG). 

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He’s been really bad in Phoenix, especially his shooting (23 3PT%) and defense (-17 NETRTG). 

To be fair, that entire team with the lone exception of JJackson has looked absolutely putrid. As much as we slam our front office for bad lottery picks, I think Phoenix might take the title for **** FO. They have so little talent on that roster after picking in the top 5 for several years now. I'm not a big fan of Devin Booker. He's a high volume scorer that disappears on many nights. You'll get the occasional 35 point outburst, but he's very inconsistent. Also Memphis is basically trotting out a G-League starting lineup outside of MGasol. We're NOT gonna come close to being the worst record in the league. Hopefully the ping-pong ball gods smile on us.

19 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

JJJ with another disappearing act today. Maybe he finishes strong 

Miles bridges having a lousy game too 

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

To be fair, that entire team with the lone exception of JJackson has looked absolutely putrid. As much as we slam our front office for bad lottery picks, I think Phoenix might take the title for **** FO. They have so little talent on that roster after picking in the top 5 for several years now. I'm not a big fan of Devin Booker. He's a high volume scorer that disappears on many nights. You'll get the occasional 35 point outburst, but he's very inconsistent. Also Memphis is basically trotting out a G-League starting lineup outside of MGasol. We're NOT gonna come close to being the worst record in the league. Hopefully the ping-pong ball gods smile on us.

yeah Booker has definitely been overrated IMO he doesn't really do much more than score. He dropped 70 once, that's awesome. I'd like to see what he could do around compitent team mates but a player as exalted as him should lead his team to more wins.