Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Ben Simmons had a pretty bad team and 31% fewer turnovers in 2 more games.  31%!

Trae threw some really nice passes. A few times they just couldn't hold on to it. Pinpoint passes too.

The comment about picturing passing to 5 Bizs isn't too far off. 

His team sucks.

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

He plays very erratic. That is not a good thing but his Assist to T/O ratio is not bad at all. He is still developing and likely will get better in that department. 

He is not afraid to make mistakes which is really good. 

My hope is he falls to 7 or wherever we pick and we draft him.

• Like 1

Anyone look at the tank standings? It’s crazy how close and how bad eight teams are right now. I personally think we’ll end up 7 or 8.

Hopefully they sit EF a few games to heal his sprain, start JI and let’s see what Purvis has at this level. I’m hoping for some quality losses.....

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Ben Simmons had a pretty bad team and 31% fewer turnovers in 2 more games.  31%!

you gotta look at the quality of the turnovers . if they're improper reads of the defense that's a red flag and his are rarely that. they're often him being a step ahead his team mates, for instance he drives and does a wrap around pass but his teammate fails to cut. 

There's also been studies done showing that guys that are good passers that routinely go for risky passes correlates with fututre potential great passing.  I'd always prefer to go with the guy who is thinking creatively than the guy who plays like he's caged by the defense. 

I've watched a lot of Oklahoma games and can attest to his teammates quality, it's pretty low. He's the only offense initaator, No one on that team can dribble outside of line drives to the basket. Yes he plays with some floor spaces but none would be categorized as elite or above average. The fact he lead the nation in assist is crazy considering how often his teammates fail to score on great passes which is usually 4+ just from what I've seen. They have so much trouble finishing at the rim it's absurd.

I like Trae and I trust his handles and passing and their projections going forward into the league.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Shamorie Ponds plays against xavier today at noon

Do you like him? I have not see him play but it doesnt appear to be a guy I want. 

He is short 6’0 and only shooting 26% for college distance 3’s.  Maybe that can improve with work but we will be again in the same position as we were with Payton.

How is his defense? 

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

Do you like him? I have not see him play but it doesnt appear to be a guy I want. 

He is short 6’0 and only shooting 26% for college distance 3’s.  Maybe that can improve with work but we will be again in the same position as we were with Payton.

How is his defense? 

Last 8 games he's averaged 29 5 and 5 on 51/41/90 shooting and beat duke and Villanova

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Last 8 games he's averaged 29 5 and 5 on 51/41/90 shooting and beat duke and Villanova

Intereting. Maybe we should look into him. Xavier is not an easy opponent.

2 nd rounder? 

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Intereting. Maybe we should look into him. Xavier is not an easy opponent.

2 nd rounder? 

Something like that or in the 20s. 

Tankathon has Trae Young going top 5 in every simulation and has us taking him as high as #3. The worst it has us picking is #7 and we get Bamba. At 1 or 2 we get Ayton or Doncic of course.  The majority of the sims have teams taking Doncic as #1 and Ayton as #2. ROY for 2018-2019 should be interesting. The simulator is fun to play with! http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft