Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I like this team(I do for now , I'm not just saying that).

The wins against Miami and Brooklyn were probably better wins than the Cavs game. The Cavs game could have just been an anomaly, but the team showed me something with the other two wins(not that I didn't love blowing out the Cavs). It's a small sample size, but it's looking pretty good so far.

41 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Per @EliasSports, Aaron Gordon became just 3rd NBA player since 2012-13 w/ 40+PTS & 10+REBS at age 22 or younger (Davis & Towns)

Talk dirty to me.

How did Fournier score 28? I watched the whole game, but that was one of the most quiet 28 points I've ever seen. Simmons is getting to the line at will. I don't want to get overly excited only to be let down, but the team looks pretty encouraging so far. 

18 minutes ago, jjgator said:

How did Fournier score 28? I watched the whole game, but that was one of the most quiet 28 points I've ever seen. Simmons is getting to the line at will. I don't want to get overly excited only to be let down, but the team looks pretty encouraging so far. 

Basically all in the final quarter where he just caught fire.

I can't believe this narrative is being pushed -- now even by Robbins -- that AG halted ball movement yesterday.  There was far more stagnation with the 2nd unit than at any point when AG was in.  Are you *****ing kidding me?

Even in a universe where AG was a ball stopper last night (he wasn't)... HE HAD ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IN MAGIC HISTORY.  Christ.

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I can't believe this narrative is being pushed -- now even by Robbins -- that AG halted ball movement yesterday.  There was far more stagnation with the 2nd unit than at any point when AG was in.  Are you *****ing kidding me?

Even in a universe where AG was a ball stopper last night (he wasn't)... HE HAD ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IN MAGIC HISTORY.  Christ.

yeah, that's odd. especially when 6 of his 14 field goals were assisted.

11 minutes ago, ML6 said:

It is infuriating that somehow this is a storyline coming after that game.

I think it stems from some guys maybe not liking the idea that they're slipping down the pecking order on offense. Fournier started with his post game interview saying we can't get away from ball movement but it feels like he was more saying "pass the ball to me more".

15 minutes ago, ML6 said:

It is infuriating that somehow this is a storyline coming after that game.

It's Fournier, Vuc, and Vogel saying the ball movement narrative.  Robbins mentioned Gordon. I think the article was fine. 

Just now, Catalina Maria said:

It's Fournier, Vuc, and Vogel saying the ball movement narrative.  Robbins mentioned Gordon. I think the article was fine. 

The following is not fine... these are bad hot takes:

Gordon missed that game in Cleveland because of an ankle injury, and perhaps his absence allowed the team to move the ball as well as it did.

At the same time, however, there were instances in which the offense’s flow slowed, even stopped, when Gordon touched the ball.