Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Or maybe i just didn't consider vucevic and his attitude.  

Early in the season his shots were falling and i saw him contest a wide open corner three that he had no chance of reaching and that was representative of a willingness to hustle and switch and defend the open man. He was good.  

His shots stopped falling and now he doesn't even get a hand up on his man shooting 5 feet away from him

He played defense last night for a quarter. The 4th. There in lies the issue. He can play defense. He just chooses not to. Offense comes first for him. So does Fournier and neither want to see anyone else get those shots and neither want to play consistent defense.

Trade em.

Let’s just admit it, we are not a very good basketball team. The last couple years we have had a good start, but once teams get their legs under them and figure us out, we’re toast. I predict big changes to come! 

• Upvote 1

That would be a good start. Vuc always admired Gasol’s game, but in the league today the five has to be athletic and be able to switch and guard the perimeter. Unfortunately Vuc and Gasol are old school in today’s game. If Vuc isn’t hitting his shots, he’s a real liability.

My plan would be to trade Fournier and Vucevic to Brooklyn, helping them pass us in the standings.

They might not be willing to give up future picks but they have some solid young guys like RHJ, LeVert and Dinwiddie

I'd rather see Gordon, Ep, Isaac, Fournier, Simmons as our starting lineup with Isaac defending the 5spot. even if he gets beaten by a back to the basket player i believe the switching and screens will be much better so that points in paint arent on drives to the basket but slow play big man backing down.

I mean what about Okafur? Do you think he coul play better defense then Vuc? If thats case then i would trade for him straight up and give this guy a chance and let vuc go. 

We traded Harris cause we thought he was a ballstopper, and we traded Oladipo, cause we decided he couldn't shoot as well as fournier (who we traded for after drafting oladipo the previous year) and was never gonna take the leap past a "Jeff Green Style Player" Flashes of brilliance with stretches of suck. We suck at being patient, and when we are patient its with the wrong people.

I remember trading ariza cause he would never learn to shoot the 3 ball cause of his form. hes averaging 37% last 5 years, which is TRoss capable

5 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I'd rather see Gordon, Ep, Isaac, Fournier, Simmons as our starting lineup with Isaac defending the 5spot. even if he gets beaten by a back to the basket player i believe the switching and screens will be much better so that points in paint arent on drives to the basket but slow play big man backing down.

I'd go Augustin - Simmons- Isaac - Gordon - biyombo

Then you end up shifting to a Payton - Fournier - Ross - Isaac - vucevic lineup against backups

I want us to trade Vuc, Mario, and EP. We need a PG that can shoot, a center that can defend without being a liability on offense, and Mario to just be gone. I think Fournier is still salvageable. I would also trade our pick for the right guy in a deal.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I want us to trade Vuc, Mario, and EP. We need a PG that can shoot, a center that can defend without being a liability on offense, and Mario to just be gone. I think Fournier is still salvageable. I would also trade our pick for the right guy in a deal.

Fournier is not salvageable. He does not play team ball.