Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Thanks ;) We look terrible so far though (today)

True....MOMMA said there would be days like this!! But our play is still better than last season!!

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Fivethirtyeight has us as a 7 seed with 44 wins with their predictive modeling.  Facing the wizards. 

Wizards are a less than ideal playoff opponent. John Wall will tear us a new one.

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wizards are a less than ideal playoff opponent. John Wall will tear us a new one.

We might be ok.  Vucevic can defend gortat.  

With Payton dealing with a hamstring issue and missing three straight contests, Orlando’s primarily gone with a lineup consisting of Augustine, Fournier, Terrence Ross, Gordon and Vucevic. The group’s been on the floor 50 minutes and has combined for an offensive rating of 117.7 and a defensive rating of 97.6.

Their second most utilized lineup swaps Gordon for Jonathan Isaac. The offensive rating improves slightly (122.9), but defensively Issac helps ratchet up Orlando’s defense a few notches, posting a defensive rating of 78.3.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2017/10/30/16567890/nba-preview-pelicans-magic-davis-cousins-aaron-gordon-vucevic-fournier-tv-time-channel

Orlando has scored 703 points through first 6 games of the season, the most in team history.

Most through 7 games: 810, ‘94-95

#PureMagic

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Cbs has us 8th in power rankings

SI has us 18th but Cavs 3rd which i feel is counterintuitive to the point of power rankings

The SI one has the Warriors as # 1 as well. The point of weekly power rankings seems to be lost on that guy.

ESPN has us at 12, which seems like a fair compromise between skepticism over our ability to perform based on previous seasons and early season performance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Odin said:

ESPN has us at 12, which seems like a fair compromise between skepticism over our ability to perform based on previous seasons and early season performance.

Yeah.  Anywhere 10-16 seems fine.  I have more issue with whose ahead of us. Like i don't see how Miami should get the benefit of the doubt when their last year was crazy fluky

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah.  Anywhere 10-16 seems fine.  I have more issue with whose ahead of us. Like i don't see how Miami should get the benefit of the doubt when their last year was crazy fluky

Yeah, not getting putting struggling Denver, Pelicans, or Wolves over us from SI either (Don't get the love for the Wolves by SI. Ranked 6th).