Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Henny has been fired!

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account

@DraftExpress

Following

 More

Guessing ex-Orlando GM Rob Hennigan will have plenty of attractive options to choose from. Widely respected around NBA. Has a lot to offer.

David Baumann @DavidBaumannORL

Exclusive: Just heard from Grant Hill on whether he'd like consideration for any @OrlandoMagic front office vacancy... #Magic:

https://twitter.com/DavidBaumannORL/status/852540884419792896/photo/1

Sounds like more of a hell no to me.

Also been confirmed Rob took the Whiteboard pic.

Where's the link for the confirmation?

Lol @ Grant with the quick naw Im good.

@DraftExpress

Following

 More

Guessing ex-Orlando GM Rob Hennigan will have plenty of attractive options to choose from. Widely respected around NBA. Has a lot to offer.

He will be the main assistant GM on a team in no time. I wouldn't be surprised if he got another shot at the top spot in 5 years or so.

@DraftExpress

Following

 More

So now that he's fired he's well respected? Everything we have heard has been he isn't respected. So my question is is the lack of respect actually towards Martins so teams attempt to jerk us around or become difficult to deal with making it impossible for any GM that doesn't explicitly tell Martins to ***** off?

I think the next guy we get has to be a veteran that has enough pull to actually tell Martins to ***** off.

@DraftExpress

Following

 More

Yeah, I think he's still respected as a scout. He'll have his pick of scouting jobs.

So now that he's fired he's well respected? Everything we have heard has been he isn't respected. So my question is is the lack of respect actually towards Martins so teams attempt to jerk us around or become difficult to deal with making it impossible for any GM that doesn't explicitly tell Martins to ***** off?

I think the next guy we get has to be a veteran that has enough pull to actually tell Martins to ***** off.

It's been confirmed today that Martins was the one who pushed for the Skiles hire and Rob was against it.

Rob and Skiles clashed a lot.

Martins is doing the 3pm news conference today.

**** ain't gonna change.

It's been confirmed today that Martins was the one who pushed for the Skiles hire and Rob was against it.

Rob and Skiles clashed a lot.

Martins is doing the 3pm news conference today.

**** ain't gonna change.

Maybe he will do the right thing... and fire himself.

In Robbins' recent story he finally states explicitly that Martins hired Skiles even though Hennigan protested the move.

Where are you reading that? Here's what I'm reading from Robbins:

"Hennigan’s decision to hire Jacque Vaughn as head coach in 2012 was disastrous. It would have been difficult for any coach to win with the players Vaughn was provided, but Vaughn didn’t provide the accountability the young players needed.

In addition, Hennigan did not require Vaughn to fill out his assistant-coaching staff with highly experienced assistant coaches who could have helped develop the young players, would have helped Vaughn build a winning culture and would have helped Vaughn with the inevitable X’s-and-O’s learning curve that any inexperienced head coach faces.

When the Magic hired Scott Skiles in 2015 — a move made with Martins’ strong backing — Hennigan and Skiles clashed repeatedly, and Skiles ultimately resigned after one season in the job."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-fire-rob-hennigan-0414-story.html

Damn right and this is why I stood up for Rob. Doesn't matter who you bring until the mindset on how this organization manage changes.

Get the ***** out of the way!! Stay in your lane!!

To an extent yes but Rob still made plenty of crap decisions.