Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

The problem is trading either Vuc or biz presents with new problems that need to be fixed. If Vuc goes our offense goes to crap so we need some offensive players. If biz goes there goes our inside defends and offensive rebounding -- not sure who we can get that can fix that.

Maybe that was what management was thinking when they drafted Isaac???

I hope the Magic does not trade Fournier. I absolutely love how he plays (not including the turnovers.) I remember his first year (when he was traded to the Magic), I didn't know who he was, but he quickly made me a believer. His shots were falling and didn't seem to miss a bucket. He was making much needed shots to

help keep us in the game. After he made a shot, I would yell out "Fournier"! Then I would say, "I love myself some Fournier!"

His next year with the Magic, things started falling apart with the TEAM (the trades, a new coach, poor coaching strategies, players not utilized properly--playing out of position.) I don't think we should blame Fournier.

Some of you say that he is a ball hog. And some of you mentioned that the team needs shooters. Well, who was Fournier going to give the ball to (that could make a basket). I don't think the players even knew what they were suppose to do. They looked confused out there on the floor. Well, last year, when Fournier was a starter, we were ahead in some games and should have won, but the coach put the bench in and that's when things started to go downhill. The coach waited too late to send the starters back in. So Fournier tried to bring the team back. He did have some steals, and at times, he gave up his body scrambling for the ball on the floor. (Fournier plays hard, and he backs off from no one--on the opposing team.) WE DON'T SEE WHAT GOES ON IN PRACTICE!

The coaching staff did not have things figured out until the last several games of last season. That's when we started to look like a team, better ball movement, up tempo, and we won a few games.

I did not read the comments you said he made about wanting/needing better players on our team. Well, I don't think you should blame him. If you look at his basketball profile, he has played professional basketball much longer than any one player on the Magic--internationally and in the NBA. I think he is a better player than some of you give him credit for. He just needs some help, not charmin soft players.

Elfrid Payton is another story. I wanted him gone. Up until last year, he use to take his time bringing the ball up the floor. He was a show boater. He played well when he decided to play well. I don't care about the triple-doubles he had last year. Yeah. . .he played up tempo the latter part of the season, but I still don't trust him.

The same goes for Russell Westbrook. I'm glad Durant left OKC. You talk about a ball hog (Westbrook), he didn't get all of those triple-doubles, which included very high scores (40-50 points) because he didn't trust his teammates to help win the game. He didn't invite his teammates to the party because his goal was to set a record. Westbrook held his team back.

I can understand some of you wanting to make a big leap. You say that you don't want the team to be mediocre. Well, I feel your pain. I look at where the Golden State Warriors came from when Mark Jackson was coach. I remember someone commenting saying that a number of the players were not high draft picks, such as Draymond Green and Klay Thompson, but 2 or 3 years ago, their general manager started bringing in players that fit their system. The Warriors did not generate interest from all-star calibre free agents until a couple of seasons ago. We have to just trust this new general manager and president of basketball operations. I would rather be mediocre this coming season and enjoy watching our team win and play solid basketball like the good old days with Darryl Armstrogn and Bo Outlaw (Heart and Hustle).

Finally, I hope and pray that Evan Fournier does not get traded.

E2r4oz.png

SAVE EVAN FOURNIER, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

LFRmi8.png

Booooooooo Wendy Testaburger booooooooo

It's not false. You're delusional

You are the one that thinks Nikola Vucevic has no value/market around the league. You are allergic to common sense.

• Upvote 1

So why wasn't a deal done then? Why did they sign Baynes instead?

Chances are Ainge was trying to lowball like in every other deal. It takes two to make a deal work.

Chances are Ainge was trying to lowball like in every other deal. It takes two to make a deal work.

Or it's because to match Vuch's salary Ainge has to package important players that are more valuable on the market and could fetch something better than Vuch.

If Vuch had value, he'd be gone by now.

• Upvote 1

You are the one that thinks Nikola Vucevic has no value/market around the league. You are allergic to common sense.

Then why the hell is he still on the team?

Every single expert that talks to gms has commented on the lack of a market for vucevic and vucevic like guys. Zach Lowe has in his podcast with Kevin Arnovitz a few weeks ago

Here's Matt Moore commenting how the magic can't get a first for vucevic or maybe anything because "moving centers right now is impossible"

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/888473726727147520

This isn't in dispute. Its a fact

Watched some of The Basketball Tournament today. Wonder if the Magic would be interested on taking a flyer on Jared Sullinger. Said he felt 100% after sitting out 2016. Former AA who, when healthy, can play at a high level both scoring and rebounding. Only 24-25 y/o. Could be a fit!

I hope the Magic does not trade Fournier. I absolutely love how he plays (not including the turnovers.) I remember his first year (when he was traded to the Magic), I didn't know who he was, but he quickly made me a believer. His shots were falling and didn't seem to miss a bucket. He was making much needed shots to

help keep us in the game. After he made a shot, I would yell out "Fournier"! Then I would say, "I love myself some Fournier!"

His next year with the Magic, things started falling apart with the TEAM (the trades, a new coach, poor coaching strategies, players not utilized properly--playing out of position.) I don't think we should blame Fournier.

Some of you say that he is a ball hog. And some of you mentioned that the team needs shooters. Well, who was Fournier going to give the ball to (that could make a basket). I don't think the players even knew what they were suppose to do. They looked confused out there on the floor. Well, last year, when Fournier was a starter, we were ahead in some games and should have won, but the coach put the bench in and that's when things started to go downhill. The coach waited too late to send the starters back in. So Fournier tried to bring the team back. He did have some steals, and at times, he gave up his body scrambling for the ball on the floor. (Fournier plays hard, and he backs off from no one--on the opposing team.) WE DON'T SEE WHAT GOES ON IN PRACTICE!

The coaching staff did not have things figured out until the last several games of last season. That's when we started to look like a team, better ball movement, up tempo, and we won a few games.

I did not read the comments you said he made about wanting/needing better players on our team. Well, I don't think you should blame him. If you look at his basketball profile, he has played professional basketball much longer than any one player on the Magic--internationally and in the NBA. I think he is a better player than some of you give him credit for. He just needs some help, not charmin soft players.

Elfrid Payton is another story. I wanted him gone. Up until last year, he use to take his time bringing the ball up the floor. He was a show boater. He played well when he decided to play well. I don't care about the triple-doubles he had last year. Yeah. . .he played up tempo the latter part of the season, but I still don't trust him.

The same goes for Russell Westbrook. I'm glad Durant left OKC. You talk about a ball hog (Westbrook), he didn't get all of those triple-doubles, which included very high scores (40-50 points) because he didn't trust his teammates to help win the game. He didn't invite his teammates to the party because his goal was to set a record. Westbrook held his team back.

I can understand some of you wanting to make a big leap. You say that you don't want the team to be mediocre. Well, I feel your pain. I look at where the Golden State Warriors came from when Mark Jackson was coach. I remember someone commenting saying that a number of the players were not high draft picks, such as Draymond Green and Klay Thompson, but 2 or 3 years ago, their general manager started bringing in players that fit their system. The Warriors did not generate interest from all-star calibre free agents until a couple of seasons ago. We have to just trust this new general manager and president of basketball operations. I would rather be mediocre this coming season and enjoy watching our team win and play solid basketball like the good old days with Darryl Armstrogn and Bo Outlaw (Heart and Hustle).

Finally, I hope and pray that Evan Fournier does not get traded.

E2r4oz.png

SAVE EVAN FOURNIER, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

LFRmi8.png

I cried bro! Ok:

Biyombo

Gordon

Fournier

Simmons

Payton

Vuc

Isaac

Hezonja