Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I personally think we just need to cut our losses from the EP experiment and go after a top free agent PG and then draft Fox.

Some like Holiday? Teague?

--

PG - Holiday/Fox

SG - Fournier/Simmons/Bacon

SF - Ross/Hezonja

PF - Gordon/Adebayu

C - Vuch/Biz/Motley

Pick 6 -- Fox

Pick 25 -- Adebayu

Pick 33 -- Bacon

Pick 35 -- Motley

Free Agent -- Sign Jrue Holiday + Johnathan Simmons. Maybe Put EP+Ross+Vuch in some sort of package? I wouldn't mind taking a look at Tony Snell either.

Because Simmons is a restricted free agent who has only been in the league for two years, he will be subject to the Gilbert Arenas provision. That means the first two seasons of an offer sheet made by a suitor cannot exceed the mid-level exception. But the third and fourth years can be heavily backloaded.

Meaning we can get him cheap :) if we can get him away from S.A.

I personally think we just need to cut our losses from the EP experiment and go after a top free agent PG and then draft Fox.

Some like Holiday? Teague?

--

PG - Holiday/Fox

SG - Fournier/Simmons/Bacon

SF - Ross/Hezonja

PF - Gordon/Adebayu

C - Vuch/Biz/Motley

Pick 6 -- Fox

Pick 25 -- Adebayu

Pick 33 -- Bacon

Pick 35 -- Motley

Free Agent -- Sign Jrue Holiday + Johnathan Simmons. Maybe Put EP+Ross+Vuch in some sort of package? I wouldn't mind taking a look at Tony Snell either.

Meaning we can get him cheap :)/> if we can get him away from S.A.

I really don't see how either Holiday or Teague would be a massive upgrade (if an upgrade at all)vs. Payton.

Not understanding all of the Simmons love on this board- he had a good couple of games, but was terrible in the regular season as a player on the Spurs who tend to make role players look good. And he will be 28 years old next year. When are people going to stop looking at Spurs role players as anything more than system players?

So you would rather spend $17M a year on Biyombo as a 15 minute bench player than $7.5M on Dedmon as a 15 minute bench player? Not me, I'd rather spend the extra $10M a year on another player that could contribute. But hey, it's not our money anyway, right? LOL

Biyombo is not a 15 min bench player with the right players around him.

I hope he gets cut or decides not to join the team.

I really think if he is ever going to become a player in the NBA of any quality, he needs the off season just spent working on his game.

I really think if he is ever going to become a player in the NBA of any quality, he needs the off season just spent working on his game.

Yeah he needs to decline.

This summer should be all about his development.

If he goes he should be cut from the team immediately upon returning.

Former Magic general manager John Gabriel will re-join team as consultant and adviser.

Per Pat Clark

Boom!!!

Is this for real?

Biyombo is not a 15 min bench player with the right players around him.

I agree, unfortunately we don't have any of those right players and won't have for quite some time. We should trade him to a team that he fits better and get a cheaper backup center. $17M on a long contract is way too much for a backup center.