Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I'm just glad we brought in a couple of guys that have toughness and grit, hopefully it will spread. Worst case- practice will be a lot more intense with Mack and Simmons on the floor and force some people that have playing soft to man up!

Makes sense. With the hope he looks good enough for the Cavs or someone in win-now mode desperate for rim protection to take a flyer on him. It stretches the remaining money on the players contract out over 5 years, correct? So, if we stretched him this year we'd still pay him 10 mill until 2022, if we stretched him in 2019 we'd pay him 3.5 mill till 2024

*edit - we'd pay him outright, but those numbers would be his count against the cap

Think you got it backwards. If we stretched him today his money would be spread over 7 years. If we stretch him I 2019 itd be spread over 3.

Wow

Woj

ESPN Sources: Terms of Jonathon Simmons' three-year Orlando deal: $6.3M, $6M and $5.7M -- with partial guarantee of $1M in final season.

Wow

Woj

ESPN Sources: Terms of Jonathon Simmons' three-year Orlando deal: $6.3M, $6M and $5.7M -- with partial guarantee of $1M in final season.

That's a really good deal.

Wow

Woj

Man, we're planning to have a ton of cap space two offseasons from now. That's a steal for Simmons

Man, we're planning to have a ton of cap space two offseasons from now. That's a steal for Simmons

Yea. I'm pretty surprised he couldn't get more money from us or another team. But I guess most of the money has dried up already.

Great deal.

There's no reason to think Simmons won't get better. He had a good playoffs. This is the best free agent signing this team has seen in idk how many years in terms of value and player.

I shouldn't even go here, but I can't help myself:

SmithJr/Ross/Simmons would have been a fun back-court with AG at PF too.

Was a little worried about Simmons signing clogging up the rotation but that deal is amazing! I'm really happy with all our free agents so far.

Was a little worried about Simmons signing clogging up the rotation but that deal is amazing! I'm really happy with all our free agents so far.

I think Simmons will battle for the starting SG or SF spot. He started when Leonard got injured and he was very productive.