Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

The real question: Does Martins need to go too?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does Martins need to go too?

• Yes...he is not capable of managing our franchise
    • No...it isn't his fault

Live or Die and I were talking about this the other day. Whiteboard gate almost looked like something from higher than Rob. Like we were trying to add people that seem like good names vs good fits for the team. Why go after Saric? Resign Green? Bring back Tobias?

Why did Rob move from the youth movement to playoffs now? It doesn't fit with a guy that came from a build slow and sustainable type program(s). It does fit with a short sighted group that has no real idea of how to build a team over time. Every time we recycle an ex player or coach in some new role it just looks like a group that is hiring based on past relationships vs the best basketball decesion.

Yup. Tobias Harris...Like someone just can't be creative or innovating to try something different. Saric? Righting a wrong that isn't wrong?

Live or Die and I were talking about this the other day. Whiteboard gate almost looked like something from higher than Rob. Like we were trying to add people that seem like good names vs good fits for the team. Why go after Saric? Resign Green? Bring back Tobias?

Why did Rob move from the youth movement to playoffs now? It doesn't fit with a guy that came from a build slow and sustainable type program(s). It does fit with a short sighted group that has no real idea of how to build a team over time. Every time we recycle an ex player or coach in some new role it just looks like a group that is hiring based on past relationships vs the best basketball decesion.

Hey Marc! Good to see you back home again!

Listen, the truth be told, Alex and the Devos group bought into the Hennigan pedigree, which was not hard to do at all!

What the heck, he was easy to sell to us and the league, "BUTT" his managerial model was fine, it was his application and inability to gauge talent in the draft and attract credible free agents to this team was his greatest problem and his undoing. Point in fact............$15 Million for.... Jeff Green! UGH!

His reported feud with Skiles at the end of last season, and his absolute inability stop the bleeding of coaches is also indicative of his management failure to change the culture of this organization.

I also think it is important to keep Alex Martins, because he was here in the Goggle, Heart and Hustle Shaq, Penny glory days! Call me crazy, but I think anyone who remembers those days are waiting for them to return!

Welcome back P4TW!!!

Hey Marc! Good to see you back home again!

Listen, the truth be told, Alex and the Devos group bought into the Hennigan pedigree, which was not hard to do at all!

What the heck, he was easy to sell to us and the league, "BUTT" his managerial model was fine, it was his application and inability to gauge talent in the draft and attract credible free agents to this team was his greatest problem and his undoing. Point in fact............$15 Million for.... Jeff Green! UGH!

His reported feud with Skiles at the end of last season, and his absolute inability stop the bleeding of coaches is also indicative of his management failure to change the culture of this organization.

I also think it is important to keep Alex Martins, because he was here in the Goggle, Heart and Hustle Shaq, Penny glory days! Call me crazy, but I think anyone who remembers those days are waiting for them to return!

Welcome back P4TW!!!

Inability to gauge talent in the draft? Who would of you liked him to draft instead?

Btw, guess what's the big variable to those glory days? Two all stars. Guess how we got em? Draft. Guess how we were able to draft em? We sucked.

Inability to gauge talent in the draft? Who would of you liked him to draft instead?

Btw, guess what's the big variable to those glory days? Two all stars. Guess how we got em? Draft. Guess how we were able to draft em? We sucked.

There are several guys I'd rather have than Mario. Obviously, I want Mario to succeed but he's been well below average and isn't that young.

There are several guys I'd rather have than Mario. Obviously, I want Mario to succeed but he's been well below average and isn't that young.

Several? Like who? Booker I know is one. Who else?

22 is young man. Peja came into the league and sat for two years. Second year was aight but the third year he blew up.

Several? Like who? Booker I know is one. Who else?

22 is young man. Peja came into the league and sat for two years. Second year was aight but the third year he blew up.

I just haven't see anything from Mario that makes me think he will "blow up" next year.

He won't be any worse that's for sure.

I just haven't see anything from Mario that makes me think he will "blow up" next year.

He won't be any worse that's for sure.

Hence blowing up. If you saw something, it would be linear progression. Blowing up is more unexpected.

I wanna see what an off season here, doing drills (smh @ the one poster who thinks they just shoot jumpers in a empty gym) and stuff with the assistants and trainers.

We didn't draft T-Mac, and if it weren't for Grant Hill's ankles, we would have been a championship contender then as well.

Drafting is not a sure fire way to build your team. For every team that has built a franchise around a Jordan / LeBron / Duncan / Wade, there have been many more than stay perpetually in the lottery because they have built a losing culture.

None of those star draft players got anywhere on their own. More help was needed. We have had plenty of top picks, but we have not added any outside talent to support them. We CAN be a playoff team with draft picks like Gordon and Payton, but we actually have to supplement them.

• Upvote 1

We didn't draft T-Mac, and if it weren't for Grant Hill's ankles, we would have been a championship contender then as well.

Drafting is not a sure fire way to build your team. For every team that has built a franchise around a Jordan / LeBron / Duncan / Wade, there have been many more than stay perpetually in the lottery because they have built a losing culture.

None of those star draft players got anywhere on their own. More help was needed. We have had plenty of top picks, but we have not added any outside talent to support them. We CAN be a playoff team with draft picks like Gordon and Payton, but we actually have to supplement them.

Who in FA do you think we could've realistically signed that would've made us a playoff team?

Edit: Oh wait, Iguodala. Nevermind.

Yet strangely all those franchises who have succeeded through the draft, again, have been the franchises who have won the championships in the last 20+ years :unsure:

To get mcgrady and hill we positioned ourselves as one of the only teams with salary cap space ensuring situations where we were bidding against a small group of other teams for their services.

To get rashard Lewis we positioned ourselves as one of the only teams with salary cap space to sign him ensuring a situation where we could be the favorite out of only a few teams.

Between 2006 and 2014 the salary cap grew 9 million which resulted in few teams having cap space.

Each year going forward the salary cap has grown 5, 7, 24, 8, 6, 1, and 5 (the final three being projected) over the previous year. This is resulting in every team having cap space. Which means instead of a few teams competing for the top free agent, it's 30 teams.

This is what has destroyed the rebuilding plans of high potential teams like Dallas. They spent 5 years just floating with cap space every season trying to lure a top free agent. Not succeeding. Just losing in the first round wasting the last years of dirk before seemingly starting from scratch this season. If Dallas can't lure a free agent with a charismatic owner, hall of famer, no state tax, etc what hope is there for us luring a great player with jameer?

This is why it makes sense to tank. The percentages are better until the cap growth flattens.