Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

The real question: Does Martins need to go too?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does Martins need to go too?

• Yes...he is not capable of managing our franchise
    • No...it isn't his fault

Payton and Watson both played better than Jennings during the same time period.

Jeff green is statistically a less negative influence on the magic this year than ilyasova was last year. You're remembering things wrong. The numbers don't back it up.

As for the first, I'm not sure what you're basing that on; but I don't think that matters, really. Compare him to Napier, would be my point. And I suppose there are statistics that give the impression Green has been better than Ilyasova, but there are plenty that suggest otherwise.

I'm assuming you're using on-off statistics for these stats, which are not bad statistics, but they aren't perfect. I suppose those other players playing better after the trade was just coincidence, even if I gave a good response as to why, because of on-off-statistics, so long as you ignore all the other statistics?

As for the first, I'm not sure what you're basing that on; but I don't think that matters, really. Compare him to Napier, would be my point. And I suppose there are statistics that give the impression Green has been better than Ilyasova, but there are plenty that suggest otherwise.

I'm assuming you're using on-off statistics for these stats, which are not bad statistics, but they aren't perfect. I suppose those other players playing better after the trade was just coincidence, even if I gave a good response as to why, because of on-off-statistics, so long as you ignore all the other statistics?

I mean, it's not like any stats really stand out in the positive.

If your argument is "Jennings is better than shabazz". Fine. But those goal posts are pretty far from your original point.

I mean, it's not like any stats really stand out in the positive.

If your argument is "Jennings is better than shabazz". Fine. But those goal posts are pretty far from your original point.

No, my argument and original point is that the team was better at after the trade. Obviously, that is not a simple blanket statement. Statistically, they were basically the same in terms of win-loss. But, again, the post-trade schedule was tougher than the pre-trade schedule, and their was a higher % of starters missing due to injury post-trade.

Can I flip the macro questions around? Over the last several years, who has been successful in their jobs with the Magic?

I think Martin has been successfull overall on his duties. That doesnt mean we are not in need for a change.

Over the past 5 years everyone has been bad, from the Owner down to the cheerleaders, to the food vendors.

At the last game I ordered a sriracha sandwich but they happened to ran out of sriracha sauce halfway the first quarter. I ended up eating a chicken sandwich with ketchup at a price of the Srichacha sandwich.

It will be making the decisions after I buy the team because the Devos are incompetent in the NBA world.

im not sure what it would take to get the value of an nba team below 500 million.

im not sure what it would take to get the value of an nba team below 500 million.

Another 5 years of this and it will definitely happen. Keep Martins, I need a good price!

Another 5 years of this and it will definitely happen. Keep Martins, I need a good price!

I know you are being facetious, but NBA teams are just becoming more and more valuable, just by being part of the NBA.

The Magic not only have their highest revenues ever, but also their highest operating income ever. AKA, while the Magic might suck, they are very profitable- and money making organizations are never cheap.

Forbes currently values the Magic at $920 million dollars.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/orlando-magic/