Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs Philly

You would think the front office that missed out on Porz and Embid by 1 pick would understand.

But, nope--absolutely clueless.

I think you're a smart person, and you know the lottery odds can never be relied upon. We are what the record says; a win here or there won't change anything.

I think you're a smart person, and you know the lottery odds can never be relied upon. We are what the record says; a win here or there won't change anything.

We should be increasing our odds though

Enjoyable win. Good to see them actually not let their heads drop when they went behind big and fight back.

and lol at the team tank posts. Get a grip.

Enjoyable win. Good to see them actually not let their heads drop when they went behind big and fight back.

and lol at the team tank posts. Get a grip.

You say this, but you won't be when we miss out on another franchise player.

It does matter.

You would think the front office that missed out on Porz and Embid by 1 pick would understand.

But, nope--absolutely clueless.

Even if so, these last 2 wins were major blows for the tank.

The fact that we are pushing guys like Meeks to come back and play show how clueless management is.

You realize that this isn't the NFL right? You realize that record doesn't guarantee draft position right?

You realize that this isn't the NFL right? You realize that record doesn't guarantee draft position right?

No, I had no clue.

I literally said "I want the highest odds possible", yet somehow I'm now getting lectured on how an NBA draft lottery works.

You say this, but you won't be when we miss out on another franchise player.

It does matter.

But do we really know this? All the top prospects have flaws. Fultz has a shaky jumper; Ball is not a strong half court player plus he's not an explosive player driving to the rim; Jackson has a very streaky shot and has offcourt issues (could that affect his ability to improve?); and Tatum looks like a tweener. My point is, there is no Anthony Davis or Dwight Howard that everyone in the room can unanimously agree on will be a franchise player. I think this draft will have more good to great players than usual. We haven't discussed a lot of players tbh: Frank N, Ivan Rabb who was easily a lottery pick last year and has improved, Hartenstein who is super raw, but runs like a gazelle at 240 (the next Rudy Gobert?). Now if you asked me do I trust the current team no nail that pick? No because they draft a certain style, which has yielded us our current abysmal state. Hennigan may not even make the selection, who knows. But no matter where we pick we have a pretty good chance of getting a player we can build around. We don't have to get the "top 4" prospects.

But do we really know this? All the top prospects have flaws. Fultz has a shaky jumper; Ball is not a strong half court player plus he's not an explosive player driving to the rim; Jackson has a very streaky shot and has offcourt issues (could that affect his ability to improve?); and Tatum looks like a tweener. My point is, there is no Anthony Davis or Dwight Howard that everyone in the room can unanimously agree on will be a franchise player. I think this draft will have more good to great players than usual. We haven't discussed a lot of players tbh: Frank N, Ivan Rabb who was easily a lottery pick last year and has improved, Hartenstein who is super raw, but runs like a gazelle at 240 (the next Rudy Gobert?). Now if you asked me do I trust the current team no nail that pick? No because they draft a certain style, which has yielded us our current abysmal state. Hennigan may not even make the selection, who knows. But no matter where we pick we have a pretty good chance of getting a player we can build around. We don't have to get the "top 4" prospects.

Dwight Howard wasnt predicted to be an franchise player.

I disagree though. It's like saying you don't have to get home court through the playoffs as a number 1 seed. Yeah but it sure helps.

I'm really sold on two players in this draft: Ball and Jackson. I also think Tatum has the goods to be a multi-year all star, and I suppose I trust the NBA types saying that Fultz is going to be special. From there all the players have very noticeable flaws but still could be very good. Fox looks a ton like Wall to me but struggles to shoot, and I see a better Rashard Lewis in Isaac but he lacks aggressiveness. And the list goes on...