Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ warriors

eh, did you watch?

Its one thing to get killed. I can live with that. we're not as good.

Its another to have a team show up that looks like they don't want to play anymore. Ross was ok. Green was ok. actually the bench in general was ok. but payton, vucevic, and Fournier barely showed up.

And Gordon did that thing he does every time he has friends in the crowd and completely forces everything which leads to bad shots which leads to misses which leads to frustration for him and his teammates. He so badly wants to be the guy here and in front of his friends that it just screws up his game. Every time he plays well its because he just plays. He gets backdoor cuts. he hits some open shots within the offense. he gets some fastbreak buckets. he finds himself matched up against a slower player and exploits it. Every time he tries to take over it totally destroys his game. he cant manufacture points. that's not who he is today.

Everyone here is all over the place. We all agree that we need to improve as a team and we need to get better in the summer. But for everyone here to come and give their opinions in the future of the franchise by just making a vague assesment and overreaction on players after a game is laughable.

We see people here praising Payton and even saying that he has come along after the back to back tripple doubles and later after the sacramento game saying he is garbage. People getting high on Mario after a good game and later blaming Henny for that waste of lottery pick. People calling Gordon as a potential future star to later say he is a quality bench guy at best.

We need to stop over reacting after each game.

Our team is horrible in offense and defense. Period. None if our players are good team players. I blame everyone from the owner to the GM , coach and players.

eh, did you watch?

Its another to have a team show up that looks like they don't want to play anymore. Ross was ok. Green was ok. actually the bench in general was ok. but payton, vucevic, and Fournier barely showed up.

And Gordon did that thing he does every time he has friends in the crowd and completely forces everything which leads to bad shots which leads to misses which leads to frustration for him and his teammates. He so badly wants to be the guy here and in front of his friends that it just screws up his game. Every time he plays well its because he just plays. He gets backdoor cuts. he hits some open shots within the offense. he gets some fastbreak buckets. he finds himself matched up against a slower player and exploits it. Every time he tries to take over it totally destroys his game. he cant manufacture points. that's not who he is today.

I was with you until you started rationalizing AG's play. He just plain stunk, just like everyone else. He has been playing this way for a while. Last night he just stunk more than usual. Payton had a bad game as well but at least he was engaged. Nobody except Green and Watson showed up and performed.

Everyone here is all over the place. We all agree that we need to improve as a team and we need to get better in the summer. But for everyone here to come and give their opinions in the future of the franchise by just making a vague assesment and overreaction on players after a game is laughable.

We see people here praising Payton and even saying that he has come along after the back to back tripple doubles and later after the sacramento game saying he is garbage. People getting high on Mario after a good game and later blaming Henny for that waste of lottery pick. People calling Gordon as a potential future star to later say he is a quality bench guy at best.

We need to stop over reacting after each game.

Our team is horrible in offense and defense. Period. None if our players are good team players. I blame everyone from the owner to the GM , coach and players.

I appreciate the attempt to bring balance to a forum that doesn't take kindly to it.

However, per your previous comment... Philly>>>>Orlando. Their talent is much better than ours and they have a more favorable cap situation and are in a large market. Their situation is better than ours. Hell, even Saric is something we don't have on this team, forget their upper level guys. They have serious talent. We have solidly underperforming talent.

eh, did you watch?

I watched. I agree it was pretty bad- barely even a game.

I agree that basically everyone failed to show up. (Besides Green, he was actually surprisingly active this game in a good way. It is annoying that he decides to play like that once a year.)

I just think deciding to call for heads is a bit ridiculous here. I am fine with people wanting the GM/Coach/ etc gone because of their overall performance, but whenever I hear calls for it in a gamethread, it seems more like a gut reaction. "Oh, we looked really bad and played horrendously. FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!"

The issue is, is this a one game thing? Or a multiple game thing?

If a person goes "man, our team hasn't shown up for the past 5 games, we really need a change this off-season", that is one thing as it might show a systematic issue.

But if someone is complaining that people should be fired based off of one bad performance, however bad it may be, yes, I have a problem with that.

I was with you until you started rationalizing AG's play. He just plain stunk, just like everyone else. He has been playing this way for a while. Last night he just stunk more than usual. Payton had a bad game as well but at least he was engaged. Nobody except Green and Watson showed up and performed.

It's another AG excuse. They are rampant on this forum. Comical really.

The issue is, is this a one game thing? Or a multiple game thing?

Have you seen our record? It's a "multiple game thing". And P4TW correctly points out that we had very poor effort, which speaks to a losing, non-competitive mindset, which is much more than a "one game thing" concern.

I've been critical of Hezonja's performance in games this entire month, because at the early part of the month people were saying that he's finally starting to look good and I didn't think the numbers supported that assertion. P4TW strongly disagreed with some of what I said. That's all fine, but as you can see, it doesn't just apply to this one game.

It's one thing to be beaten. It's another to have such poor effort that they make fools of us while they're beating us.

I appreciate the attempt to bring balance to a forum that doesn't take kindly to it.

However, per your previous comment... Philly>>>>Orlando. Their talent is much better than ours and they have a more favorable cap situation and are in a large market. Their situation is better than ours. Hell, even Saric is something we don't have on this team, forget their upper level guys. They have serious talent. We have solidly underperforming talent.

I dont think thats was me but I do agree with the Saric statement.

I did, however, though that philly had a brighter future until I saw what the did with Noel and what they are trying to do with Okafor. It seems as they continue to make moves just to collect further picks and continue to pay rocky contracts for years to come. At least we have an owner that is willing to pay for free agents.

Gut reaction? My disdain of Henny has come over years of ineptitude. We are no better now than we were when he took over. We are in the worst streak in franchise history, with no signs of turning things around anytime soon. You can talk all you want about how past regimes lucked into Shaq, Penny, and Dwight, but there's no excuse for 5 years passing with absolutely nothing to show for it. We are still a bottom of the barrel team, with no legitimate pieces to build around. We trade young players for older vets and then trade those older vets away months later. We are spinning our wheels in the mud and going absolutely nowhere.

I can handle sucking. I'm a Magic and 49ers fan. I know what it means to suck.

But what I can't handle is a lack of competence that leads us to stagnation. Even the last year of T-Mac I felt hope for the future. We traded away T-Mac for a new core, signed some key players like Turkoglu, and yes, "lucked into Dwight" (and also traded to get Jameer). There was lots to be hopeful for, and that core eventually turned into the most successful squad in franchise history.

But this? This is nothing more than wasteful drafting that's negated by wasteful trades of those young players, wasteful signings that are negated by wasteful trades of those players, or other wasteful signings for mediocre players that we are giving top contracts to.

And seriously... Being at the game last night, I understand we were down by 20 for most of the game, but why exactly were Gordon and Payton on the bench? It's not like this is an established team in a game that got away. AG and Payton are still developing. They should be getting those minutes.

This is a team with absolutely zero direction, and zero vision, a team stuck spinning its wheels in the mud and going absolutely nowhere. And that is 100% the fault of Hennigan. He has done absolutely nothing in his time here, and I have never felt so little trust and so highly demoralized regarding the Magic as I do with Hennigan's leadership.

He needs to go well before the draft and free agency. He deserves zero input on the direction of this team going forward. We've seen where Hennigan gets us.

Today i learned that criticizing Gordon for forcing shots was making excuses

No. I think is a valid point and I feel the same way with Mario and Ross. We are playing street ball. It is like they dont practice. No structure, no plays.

So, it seems as our is based on forcing shots.

Gut reaction? My disdain of Henny has come over years of ineptitude. We are no better now than we were when he took over. We are in the worst streak in franchise history, with no signs of turning things around anytime soon. You can talk all you want about how past regimes lucked into Shaq, Penny, and Dwight, but there's no excuse for 5 years passing with absolutely nothing to show for it. We are still a bottom of the barrel team, with no legitimate pieces to build around. We trade young players for older vets and then trade those older vets away months later. We are spinning our wheels in the mud and going absolutely nowhere.

I can handle sucking. I'm a Magic and 49ers fan. I know what it means to suck.

But what I can't handle is a lack of competence that leads us to stagnation. Even the last year of T-Mac I felt hope for the future. We traded away T-Mac for a new core, signed some key players like Turkoglu, and yes, "lucked into Dwight" (and also traded to get Jameer). There was lots to be hopeful for, and that core eventually turned into the most successful squad in franchise history.

But this? This is nothing more than wasteful drafting that's negated by wasteful trades of those young players, wasteful signings that are negated by wasteful trades of those players, or other wasteful signings for mediocre players that we are giving top contracts to.

And seriously... Being at the game last night, I understand we were down by 20 for most of the game, but why exactly were Gordon and Payton on the bench? It's not like this is an established team in a game that got away. AG and Payton are still developing. They should be getting those minutes.

This is a team with absolutely zero direction, and zero vision, a team stuck spinning its wheels in the mud and going absolutely nowhere. And that is 100% the fault of Hennigan. He has done absolutely nothing in his time here, and I have never felt so little trust and so highly demoralized regarding the Magic as I do with Hennigan's leadership.

He needs to go well before the draft and free agency. He deserves zero input on the direction of this team going forward. We've seen where Hennigan gets us.

Rob isn't the one keeping Gordon and ep on the bench. Vogel is!

No. I think is a valid point and I feel the same way with Mario and Ross. We are playing street ball. It is like they dont practice. No structure, no plays.

So, it seems as our is based on forcing shots.

That's on Vogel also.