Sign in to follow this  
KRISH10

Magic vs Warriors

The trade was ok. It frees money. I just wish OKC took Fournier over Dipo. They probably wanted Dipo.

Eh, no one in FA worth it imo.

It was a win now move for a team that wasn't ready for a win now move.

Mario looked great on defense and good on offense. I'll take it

So in 21 minutes, he shoots 3/11, 1/7 from 3 point range, 2 turnovers, 2 steals, and 3 personal fouls. If that's all it takes to be "great" and "good", I'm going to argue your standards are way too low.

I'm seeing lots of people finding all kinds of positives in a game where we only competed for one half, gave up 68 in the second half, and got blown out in front of a home crowd. I must be missing something because I'm not seeing it. Moreover, this team doesn't usually bounce back well after blowouts. I think we will have big trouble in the Chicago game on Tuesday after this performance.

• Upvote 1

So in 21 minutes, he shoots 3/11, 1/7 from 3 point range, 2 turnovers, 2 steals, and 3 personal fouls. If that's all it takes to be "great" and "good", I'm going to argue your standards are way too low.

I'm seeing lots of people finding all kinds of positives in a game where we only competed for one half, gave up 68 in the second half, and got blown out in front of a home crowd. I must be missing something because I'm not seeing it. Moreover, this team doesn't usually bounce back well after blowouts. I think we will have big trouble in the Chicago game on Tuesday after this performance.

While you're complaining, we keep increasing our odds to be in the top 5 in the draft.

Imma happy

Minus the ability to score consistently and hit 3's.

21 year old Marion hit 4 threes on 18% shooting. 22 year old Marion hit 21 threes on 26% shooting. but thanks for playing

Marion wasnt a reliable three point shooter until he was 24.

While you're complaining, we keep increasing our odds to be in the top 5 in the draft.

Imma happy

Mixing up two different things. If you think the team is better off losing most of the games from here on out, fine. At this point I might even agree with you given how pathetic we look. For those who want to see signs of improvement with Mario or the team in general, though, I'm just saying that there was no reason to think we saw much of either one today.

Mixing up two different things. If you think the team is better off losing most of the games from here on out, fine. At this point I might even agree with you given how pathetic we look. For those who want to see signs of improvement with Mario or the team in general, though, I'm just saying that there was no reason to think we saw much of either one today.

Go back and just watch Mario. He looked comfortable out there and stuck to Thompson on defense. He made the right moves in the actual team defense that led to steals or selections. Pre-benching in November he was poor in his rotations. Then he learned the rotations and was slow in the rotations. Then he was ok in the rotations but made minor mistakes here and there that led to an open shot on occasion.

Actively playing good defense on an actual offensive threat is huge improvement.

On offense his line is hampered by end of quarter heaves and the ball finding him at the end of the shot clock. But he made comfortable moves with the basketball that led to him attacking the defense under control.

I don't care that his shooting line doesn't look great. The shot will come. It's more important that we actually looked better with him on the court today. That's a huge deal.

Also, yeah the team as a whole played subpar. They played hard but couldn't capitalize on golden state's early turnovers to put the game out of reach quickly and force them to decide whether the come back effort was worth it.

But Payton and Biyombo continuing to play well is something to be happy about.