Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs LA Lakers

If you think 10/8/4 is terrible then he's either a superstar or your expectations are unrealistic. AG has had only one 10/8/4 game all season, and that was on opening night.

10/8/4 weren't his only stats. He picked it up late in the game, but for most of that game he was historically awful. And AG, last I remember, wasn't a PG (wasn't a SF either, actually). He does different things than score, rebound, and pass; part of his value comes in him being pretty consistently our best/only perimeter stopper. Besides, if all I had to go on with AG was this year, I'd be calling for AG's head. His offense has been every bit as frustrating as Payton this year. But I have a full year last year where he was in some respects our most complete player (at 20 years old). The difference is that Payton hasn't changed positions. AG is playing out of position, and everyone knows it. I'm not at all happy about AG at SF, and if we replaced him at SF, I'd be just as happy as I would be about getting a better PG.

If you think 10/8/4 is terrible then he's either a superstar or your expectations are unrealistic. AG has had only one 10/8/4 game all season, and that was on opening night.

A few things:

1. AG is consistently our best wing defender, hands down.

2. AG has been asked to switch positions and complied with no pouting or plays off.

3. EP has been wildly inconsistent minute by minute, quarter by quarter, in games for years. I was the biggest EP apologist on this board for his first two years but even I have come to accept that. Thankfully, as a 6th man, he's finally playing with better focus and effort.

4. And last but not least, what if EP was asked to move to SG for the betterment of the team? How would he respond and play? Comparing the EP and AG situation's is lunacy, in my opinion.

For the record, I absolutely believe we need a starting PG and SF. EP can be our 6th man and AG can be our PF. If we refuse to play AG at PF, trade him for Ingram and we'll get a proper stew cooking.

I will keep this game in perspective; LA first points didn't come til the 6min in 1st and they were 1-5 on a their road trip before seeing us, now the are 1-6.

So was Magic that good or LA that bad.

He hit some shots late.

His first half he was 1/4 for 2 points 1 rebound 2 assists 5 turnovers in 13 minutes and was -8

In the third quarter he was 0/1 0 points 2 assists 1 turnover in 6 minutes and was +1

In the fourth quarter he played 12 minutes had 8 points and 5 rebounds. Mostly inconsequential scoring coming off offensive rebounds and cutting the margin from 18 or 17 back to 15. Green and ibaka hit a few shots in a row which cut the lead to 11 in the last 2 minutes which made the game look closer than it actually was.

This is why you can't box score watch and then jump into a conversation like you know what happened.

Vogel CLEARLY knows Gordon at SF is CURRENTLY a liability, but this shows he has not given up on the long term possibility of Gordon playing at SF. Vogel maybe stubborn, but he knows what we all know.

Vogel CLEARLY knows Gordon at SF is CURRENTLY a liability, but this shows he has not given up on the long term possibility of Gordon playing at SF. Vogel maybe stubborn, but he knows what we all know.

It's probably pressure from the front office trying to force Vogel to keep trying Gordon at sf since we have Ibaka covering of. There's a quote from Vogel that said that he would play Gordon at pf but we have Ibaka.

I will keep this game in perspective; LA first points didn't come til the 6min in 1st and they were 1-5 on a their road trip before seeing us, now the are 1-6.

We beat a bad team and controlled the game.

That's all

My post had nothing to do with Gordon. That was Payton's stat line

This. Maybe Payton looks good against weak defensive teams bur isn't able to do much against better teams. Maybe it's not just random inconsistency. When better teams prevent him from getting to the basket he looks lost.

This. Maybe Payton looks good against weak defensive teams bur isn't able to do much against better teams. Maybe it's not just random inconsistently. When better teams prevent him from getting to the basket he looks lost.

What about OKC and was it the Bulls?