Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs Bucks

The AG at 3 experiment needs to end.

Yeah I agree. Start him at the 4. ***** Chewbaka.

Play him at the 5.

If he can't or doesn't like it, don't pay him.

Get Mario up to speed as fast as possible. Start him at the 3. Enough of this horse ****.

Play him at the 5.

Get Mario up to speed as fast as possible. Start him at the 3. Enough of this horse ****.

It makes me wonder: is the coaching staff blind or stubborn?

Play him at the 5.

The only thing i can come up with to suggest why Mario isn't playing is that he's having trouble with the defensive rotations. We run a team defense that's actually really impressive to watch when things are going right. But everything breaks down if a guy rotates incorrectly.

So that's why Watson is playing. He's been under Vogel. He makes the right rotations. Green sucks but he makes the right rotations.

One thing hezonja has trouble with (even under Skiles) is defensive rotations.

After really analyzing our players, and I'm by no means an expert, I just don't see this as a good team. Too many one dimensional players. If it was my choice I'd do this: DJ, Mario, Fournier, Gordon, Vuc. Trade Ibaka and Peyton and our second round pick for someone's top 10 pick. Tank and hope we get somewhere around top 5 in the draft, grabe a point guard and shooting guard/small forward both in the top 10 and call it a day. Push this rebuild back about another year or two without completely blowing it back up

The only thing i can come up with to suggest why Mario isn't playing is that he's having trouble with the defensive rotations. We run a team defense that's actually really impressive to watch when things are going right. But everything breaks down if a guy rotates incorrectly.

So that's why Watson is playing. He's been under Vogel. He makes the right rotations. Green sucks but he makes the right rotations.

One thing hezonja has trouble with (even under Skiles) is defensive rotations.

It's that and his attitude. It's not that he's being disrespectful towards the staff or anything like that but remember when he had that " have no respect for the opposition" remark? I believe an combo of bad defensive rotations, getting loss during transition (saw it a couple of times last game) and maybe a slight case of unprofessionalism (hard on himself, maybe a little frustration about not getting the ball'from teammates) is the problem.

Remember when he complimented Skiles a week or so ago? I think he's one of those guys who thrives on an hard ass coach but Skile's problem was he wasn't a strategist. He was an reactor in his decisions while Vogel does things with precision and with a objective. It's why Mario is planted next to the coaches every game.

I have still have this feeling that there's going to be a game where a switch just finally comes on. Probably won't be until Mid December or January. Maybe sooner but Vogel made a remark a while ago on how Mario just doesn't understand what they're doing defensively.

I wish we could let him play it through but it's really what we wanted last year, development. It just sucks because we know we could use some spark and some sort of a offensive force now and we want to go to the playoffs annnnd we're in limbo.

AG? God I wish we just play him at the 4 and show him clips of nothing but Marion. He plays good defense at the 3 but his offense isn't an 3 at all. His strengths scream of Marion.

I mean, yeah i think we did. Hard to win games when a starter goes 0-12. Don't know if we can scrap everything based on Gordon- Watson.

Ball movement looked a whole lot better at least initially. Defense was collapsing nice initially.

If I remember right, we were ahead at times in the second half in Milwaukee and it looked like a winnable game. Last night we never had a lead after the first quarter so to say we played a better game last night is not an easy case to make.

I agree about not basing too much on one game, but last night isn't the only game Gordon started. I think he started the first eight games of this season. I don't recall our looking that great during those games. The concern about him during the draft, which is still very much there as far as I'm concerned, is that he doesn't have the skills to be a good 3, but is undersized at the four. Everyone here was saying none of that matters, he's a great athlete, he'll be a star anyway, etc, but those predictions aren't coming true at this point (three years in).

The main point of my earlier post is that people are lurching from one player to another to blame for our losses. Since Green and Rudez didn't play last night, we can't really blame them for that game, unless we feel that somehow their losing essence is still hovering over the court even when they don't play.

If I remember right, we were ahead at times in the second half in Milwaukee and it looked like a winnable game. Last night we never had a lead after the first quarter so to say we played a better game last night is not an easy case to make.

I agree about not basing too much on one game, but last night isn't the only game Gordon started. I think he started the first eight games of this season. I don't recall our looking that great during those games. The concern about him during the draft, which is still very much there as far as I'm concerned, is that he doesn't have the skills to be a good 3, but is undersized at the four. Everyone here was saying none of that matters, he's a great athlete, he'll be a star anyway, etc, but those predictions aren't coming true at this point (three years in).

The main point of my earlier post is that people are lurching from one player to another to blame for our losses. Since Green and Rudez didn't play last night, we can't really blame them for that game, unless we feel that somehow their losing essence is still hovering over the court even when they don't play.

over the last 10 games Gordon is our only positive player with a net rating of 2.2

In the same time period when Gordon is not playing we play our worst basketball at -12.2 net rating.

that's got to be worth something.

• Upvote 1

over the last 10 games Gordon is our only positive player with a net rating of 2.2

In the same time period when Gordon is not playing we play our worst basketball at -12.2 net rating.

that's got to be worth something.

Gordon seems to be one of those unique players that can positively impact the game even when shooting that awfully. On the other hand, even if he only hit 33% of his shots last night, we would have tied the game.