Soul Bro

Is It Time for Rob to Go?

Is It Time for Rob to Go?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is It Time for Rob to Go?

• Yes, I no longer have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • No, I still have confidence in him as the Magic GM
    • Unsure

Because before Hennigan came in, management was running a perpetually winning franchise.

Going away from Hennigan's plan wasn't the problem. Hennigan's plan in the first place was the problem.

Because we had a series of fortunate events happen that resulted in long term positivity during the lifetime of a young franchise.

Talk to any legitimate source that covers the magic and they'll tell you this "ownership was unprepared for this rebuild because they've been spoiled by repeated success."

Eh you got no substance. You're the guy who thinks the off season is about shooting jumpers in an empty gym.

Show me documentation that players work with the teams coaches during the offseason.

Show me documentation that players work with the teams coaches during the offseason.

"Fournier and Oladipo at least have been able to meet Vogel face-to-face since Vogel's hiring became official Friday. Fournier attended Vogel's introductory press conference Monday, while Oladipo worked out on the Amway Center practice court during the session."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-news-0408-story.html

"We haven’t had the meetings about the summer yet, but I definitely think that it would be good for him to be around us as much as possible this summer,” Vogel said.

I was an athlete and I train to this day religiously. I have trained athletes before and this is my area of expertise. The off season is crucial. It isn't shooting baskets out in the driveway. Drills of all sorts to improve handles, agility, shooting, passing, rebounding, and defense. Off season strength programs intensify. You seriously have no idea how much work goes into it.

"ownership was unprepared for this rebuild because they've been spoiled by repeated success."

Spot on, and you can add most fans to that as well.

Spot on, and you can add most fans to that as well.

Yup.

It's funny because they are esstentially doing what has lead to bad results. Otis style desperation moves. Trading Tobias was a win now move...Strange they don't see it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-news-0408-story.html

"We haven’t had the meetings about the summer yet, but I definitely think that it would be good for him to be around us as much as possible this summer,” Vogel said.

I was an athlete and I train to this day religiously. I have trained athletes before and this is my area of expertise. The off season is crucial. It isn't shooting baskets out in the driveway. Drills of all sorts to improve handles, agility, shooting, passing, rebounding, and defense. Off season strength programs intensify. You seriously have no idea how much work goes into it.

To add to this, i read the entire cba. This is the restriction for time off: Under no

circumstances shall a Team pressure or coerce a player into providing

services for the Team on a player’s Day Off. Nothing contained herein

shall prevent any player on his Day Off from voluntarily engaging in

individual basketball related activity at the Team’s facility or elsewhere

(including, but not limited to, individual activity with Team coaches,

trainers, or medical personnel)

And also: a player will have the right in the off-season to work out with one

or more Third-Party Trainers of his choosing and may not be disciplined

for exercising that right.

I mean, just watching Gatorade commercials that star NBA players would tell you that.

To add to this, i read the entire cba. This is the restriction for time off: Under no

circumstances shall a Team pressure or coerce a player into providing

services for the Team on a player’s Day Off. Nothing contained herein

shall prevent any player on his Day Off from voluntarily engaging in

individual basketball related activity at the Team’s facility or elsewhere

(including, but not limited to, individual activity with Team coaches,

trainers, or medical personnel)

And also: a player will have the right in the off-season to work out with one

or more Third-Party Trainers of his choosing and may not be disciplined

for exercising that right.

Yup. Remember Pete Newell's big man camp Dwight use to go to every off season?

I also remember when Penny coming in wasn't much of a shooter. Worked on it in the off season as well as weight training and became an improved shooter and stronger.

Off season so important to a players progression. It's individualized for that player for a good 2-3 months.

Yup. Remember Pete Newell's big man camp Dwight use to go to every off season?

I also remember when Penny coming in wasn't much of a shooter. Worked on it in the off season as well as weight training and became an improved shooter and stronger.

Off season so important to a players progression. It's individualized for that player for a good 2-3 months.

Eh. His question has to do with specifically working out with team personnel.

While I'm not expecting Vogel to hang with Mario on the practice court i do expect hezonja to spend a few weeks with our player development coaches followed by probably going out to California with Gordon for a few weeks then coming back for summer league

Eh. His question has to do with specifically working out with team personnel.

While I'm not expecting Vogel to hang with Mario on the practice court i do expect hezonja to spend a few weeks with our player development coaches followed by probably going out to California with Gordon for a few weeks then coming back for summer league

Assistants are the ones who are hands on. Vogel will be around but when Frank said us, he meant the coaching staff in general. Mainly the assistants like Forcier.

I was referring to his players shooting jumpers in an empty gym comment like that's all they do.

The post–Dwight Howard years have been bad and bland. As NBA.com’s John Schuhmann recently pointed out, three of the four teams involved in the 2012 Howard trade have been the worst teams in the league since the deal went down. Howard not only wrecked the Magic, he wrecked everyone involved in Howard wrecking the Magic. Howard now finds himself attending auctions for the United States Association of Reptile Keepers, but at least he’s not playing for Orlando.

Think about the other long-term rebuilds happening in the NBA: The Sixers have the process, and the Kings are a tragicomic nightmare. The Magic are as bad as both without any of the advanced tanking philosophy or infamously gross incompetence. Everyone laughs at the Kings, but they forget the Magic exist.

This summer marks a significant point of the Magic’s road to nowhere. The local Orlando media thinks general manager Rob Hennigan is on his way out. He will go down as the worst general manager in team history, and there is some fierce competition for that mantle.

Here’s where things stand with the roster: Elfrid Payton will one day be great at running a second unit on a contender. Nikola Vucevic will one day win Sixth Man of the Year as a scoring big who doesn’t have to worry about defense. Aaron Gordon could be the third-best player on a title team. Mario Hezonja will end up the greatest San Antonio Spur of all time. All of the lottery picks — Victor Oladipo, Gordon, Payton, and Hezonja — were defensible in a vacuum, but not one exceeded expectations for their draft spot and none of them at any point showed even a glimpse of the talent necessary to make the Magic a top playoff contender. Hell, at least Lyle Lanley, the salesman who sold Springfield a busted monorail, gave the residents

before everyone figured out that doom awaited.
https://theringer.co...ry-71f40c979339