Sign in to follow this  
jec

Gamethread: Magic @ Bulls 11/7/26

We're actually significantly better at that this year

Where do I see those stats? Are those dribble drive or just interior scoring? Watching I just don't see hard drives to the rim. Especially ones that may draw a foul. At least last year Dipo was that guy even though he couldn't get a call or make a damn layup.

So far this year I just see a bunch of mid range shots and floaters. Other than Payton I don't think I can name a player who actively attacks the rim in a way that would draw fouls.

Vogel "no comment (on free throw discrepancy) I'm going to go through the proper channels through the league office"

I mean there was an discrepancy but playing as soft as we did...

That was hard to watch. First 6 minutes was great but only really looked good cos we couldn't miss, we weren't holding them much either. It seems we can too easily, and too hastily fall out to a 15+ deficit. I think our offence is sporadic (as expected) but our defence isn't holding teams as much as we thought it would, hopefully that will sort itself out soon. Ibaka seemed to struggle against Gibson, that's a match up he should have done well against.

We need to gel and get things together because things aren't looking really good at the moment. We nearly lost the other day against Washington without Wall and we struggled to get over the line against Philly and a decent win over a struggling Kings.

Man... we suck... it's really hard to comprehend how we can be so bad at offense and defense and our defensive rebounding is embarrassing. Really damn tired of losing and it seems like more often than not this year not only have we lost, we've been dominated.

We're actually significantly better at that this year

So looking on NBA.com this year we have 24.8 Drives per game, 4.3 FTA, and 53.7Pts%.

Last year we we had 27.1 Drives per game, 5.7 FTA, and 66.2Pts%.

Through the first 7 games last year we were 28.4 Drives per game , 6.1 FTA and 68.8%Pts%.

*Side Note* there are a couple teams that for some reason only list 81 games total last year, Orlando being one of them.

I don't see how we are currently better in any way. Did I look up the wrong things or are there better stats that say otherwise?

So looking on NBA.com this year we have 24.8 Drives per game, 4.3 FTA, and 53.7Pts%.

Last year we we had 27.1 Drives per game, 5.7 FTA, and 66.2Pts%.

Through the first 7 games last year we were 28.4 Drives per game , 6.1 FTA and 68.8%Pts%.

*Side Note* there are a couple teams that for some reason only list 81 games total last year, Orlando being one of them.

I don't see how we are currently better in any way. Did I look up the wrong things or are there better stats that say otherwise?

I was just using free throw rate. Its not necessarily a better stat.

I saw lots of fouls called on us that weren't called when Chicago did the same thing to us.

I guess going straight up and down is only not a foul if the opponents aren't playing well. Vogel and the Magic need to send a tape of all the times this was called as a foul and ask for clarification and that a league representative to be at all games to explain what we are doing wrong.

I guess you only get calls once you make an All-Star team. Apparently your team is not entitled to calls unless you have one of those players. Chicago happens to have the two best actors in Wade and Butler. If you touch them, even if they initiate contact, it's a foul. Doesn't matter if you're stationary with hands up. They are also allowed to do anything to you. The refs are instructed to call one early foul on each of them early to make it appear even, but are not allowed to call another unless their team is up 25. We have seen Wade do this his entire career, throw himself around and get the refs to call fouls on anyone he touches. Butler is given the same treatment because the Bulls need to have a relevant player and he learned the rest from Derrick Rose.