Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Gamethread Orlando at Philly

I would have gotten us Lewis too, and I wouldn't have paid more by executing a sign and trade. I guess that makes me brilliant.

At this point compared to Henny... yes.

You know that ain't happening

but it sounds good though?!

seriously we don't have the "luxury" of 5 solid starting players. we just don't. PG.....Payton so far but was a question all last year and most of the preseason. SG.....Fournier so far mostly because you gave him the contract. SF......Gordon 1st year at sf and not a consistent shot. pf ibaka. center vuc. so 3 out of 5(pg, sg, sf) really should not be permanent until we are certain. You are making them permenent only because there are no clear option on the roster. I am all about building confidence, BUT these are the less than 1% that actually get to play in the NBA. ok they young but danging already. its mostly a physical skill set. you should be able to definitely play defense. offense shots may or may not drop but we should be able to lock down with young and athletic players. so far( yes 3 games and ill continue to be patient) but there just is enough PROVEN starters on this roster at this time.

Is EP our best player? didn't see the game but he's been the most consistent box score wise in the start of the season. It's a surprise but a welcome one.

Is EP our best player? didn't see the game but he's been the most consistent box score wise in the start of the season. It's a surprise but a welcome one.

The 2 and a half games I've watched he's been the most consistent player by some distance. Free throw shooting has improved considerably as well. Shot looks better, he will still put up the odd clanker or 3 in game but definite signs of improvement there too. Most disappointing so far has been Hezonja, he still looks lost at sea when he is out there. At one point in tonights game he had the ball at the top of the 3 point line and just put his hands up in the air then threw it to someone who had 2 on him resulting in a turnover, was just horrible to watch. That was just after he had an open look for 3 and managed to hit the side of the backboard.

• Upvote 1

Why on earth would we bench Nik??? It's not like we have a defensive juggernaut to replace him with. Biz isn't even a center really, he is more of a 4. Nik is our best player, hands down. He has been for a long time, he still is. Payton might give him a run for it, but everyone else has a long ways to go. Nik needs to be on the floor as much as possible if we expect to win at a decent rate.

A lot of people aren't going to like this, but I think AG is best suited for the bench. He comes in and brings what he does off the bench, it provides a spark that clearly isn't happening attm. His struggles aren't specific to the 3 or the 4, its just the way he plays that is the problem.

Smh

Philly has some incredible pieces. Embiid, Simmons, Saric, etc. Should be interesting to see who they move.

everyone who isn't embiid, simmons, and saric...

those three should fit together well assuming simmons and saric can defend threes and fours.

The 2 and a half games I've watched he's been the most consistent player by some distance. Free throw shooting has improved considerably as well. Shot looks better, he will still put up the odd clanker or 3 in game but definite signs of improvement there too. Most disappointing so far has been Hezonja, he still looks lost at sea when he is out there. At one point in tonights game he had the ball at the top of the 3 point line and just put his hands up in the air then threw it to someone who had 2 on him resulting in a turnover, was just horrible to watch. That was just after he had an open look for 3 and managed to hit the side of the backboard.

+1 from me for hilarious but sadly true comments regarding Hezonja. I nearly fell off my chair when his somewhat open 3 from the corner hit off the side of the backboard. Regarding Payton, his mid-range shooting from 15 or less has definitely gotten better. He still can't hit open threes, though, which is still allowing defenders to sag off him. He's currently 2 for 11 on 3point attempts, and on most of them he was wide open with the other team basically daring him to shoot.

+1 from me for hilarious but sadly true comments regarding Hezonja. I nearly fell off my chair when his somewhat open 3 from the corner hit off the side of the backboard. Regarding Payton, his mid-range shooting from 15 or less has definitely gotten better. He still can't hit open threes, though, which is still allowing defenders to sag off him. He's currently 2 for 11 on 3point attempts, and on most of them he was wide open with the other team basically daring him to shoot.

I don't know why he shot that. he bobbled the pass and decided to shoot it before he fully caught the ball. The shot clock was low but not like "just jack up a shot" low.